Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Skin getting sore and red around stoma and how to stop leaks?

02-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #31
Jaano711
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi just saw this, do you use a barrier wipe, like 3m barrier wipes as the help the base stick. I use a wellend convex 1 piece with a eakin slim ring, and then the coloplast tape to help the base plate stay on. My Stoma also opens at the bottom, but the first 3 months were tricky while I got used to it, after that things have been fine. They do settle down. I also make sure to Osh the area inside the ring on nice and firmly as that is where the leaks start. Hope your new supplies arrive and thingssettledown.

: Janette

I meant to have Jano as my user name, but did a typo!
02-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #32
AussieMumma

Thanks! I do use a barrier wipe. Have been using hollister convex 2 piece with a ring and still leaks! So I added the paste.. Still leaks (way less though!). Now trying a salts one piece sample that I got (convex, with a ring).. So we will see how that goes. So frustrating! I'm hoping something works soon :-/

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Skin getting sore and red around stoma and how to stop leaks?