Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Don't know what to do

02-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
Amanda89

My Support Groups:
Don't know what to do

I'm currently on Pred and have been on steroids since November. This seems to have kept the bleeding/mucus/Diarrhea under control, but on Sunday morning I woke up with cramp and then had to keep rushing to the bathroom all day yesterday where I was only passing mucus with streaks of blood and getting quite bad lower back pain. I took some immodium yesterday and haven't been to the toilet today, although I am still quite sore (with a lot of the pain around my hips which is strange) and very bloated (been bloated for ages so this isn't a new thing) Should I contact my IBD nurse or just deal with it myself?
Cyclosporine

Past Medications
Prednisolone, Methotrexate oral & injections, Budesonide, Omeprazole, Asacol, Infliximabl
02-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
I would say to contact your IBD nurse, especially if the bleeding is a new thing, my GI was very clear that any bleeding needs to be checked, it could be any number of things, so dont worry too much, but just give them a call and let them know what's happening, they might want to consider increasing your pred or other medications. If the pain becomes severe, or you bleed heavily you should consider going to A+E .

Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, sulfasalazine, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
02-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
Patricia56

make sure they screen you for GI infections like c. diff.

Nothing I say here should be construed as medical advice. I am not a doctor. These are just my opinions.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Don't know what to do