Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Any recommendations on a sitz bath brand?

02-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
mrjohns2

My Support Groups:
Any recommendations on a sitz bath brand?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a sitz bath brand or model? I would like to get one, but want a nice one.

Has anyone put in a bidet? We are finishing our basement and I have thought, should I go all out? I have never seen or used a bidet, but it seems like it would be great on the fissures.

Matt
Current Treatment: Humira
Other Meds: Vitamin D 6000 iu, 325 mg Iron, B12 Pill, Fish Oil, Multivitamin
Past Treatments: Enbrel, Humira, Stelera, Prednisone (short run)
02-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
durwardian

Ah yes, that temperature controlled rinse without getting up is the deal. I used one installed with the toilet, controls to the side. Really great for rinsing and always got it really clean.
02-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
durwardian

As far as hot sit bath, avoid those damn hard plastic things they push at the hospital, I am not sure who fits in those, but they are really uncomfortable and the water gets cold very quickly.
02-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
durwardian

Epsom salt can be a nice addition to a sit bath. But easy to clean, easy access, safe. I think the BD would work. Just get the right spray nozzle for steady warm streaming.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Any recommendations on a sitz bath brand?