Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Will this ever end?

02-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
hayleyc

Will this ever end?

Well where do I begin...still undiagnosed after having this for over 10 years on and off. Pain started when I was 17, assumed IBS, thought nothing of it, got sudden constipation then diarrhoea in mid twenties, told it was IBS. Got bloody diarrhoea, fever, pain, still told it was 'severe' IBS. had this on and of for years - a year of symptoms then gone for a year....NOTHING for 5 years after having my daughter, now it is back and also in my stomach - burning, bloaty, sicky feelings, agony, had gastroscopy, not quite normal, but a little bit of hope for a diagnosis - my calprotectin level has come back HIGH - please somebody tell me there is hope for a diagnosis, all my symptoms match crohns, it is ruining my life, off work, trying to cope with two small kids, now pregnant again and soo worried they wont do much to help me until after the baby is here - October! I can't live like this, it is hellish, can't eat much, feel pain I stomach - never had that before - just a burning bowel!
please, I need some support if anyone can help
02-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Anna82

Poor you, I've had similar on/off symptoms diagnosed as ibs since I was a teenager, they've got worse over the years and my gp tells me I've made my ibs worse by worrying, which is frustrating as I'm sure it isn't that! I wish I could offer advice but I just wanted to tell you you're not on your own, it's not nice feeling in pain, in limbo and not having a diagnosis, I just want to cry sometimes and feel I'm being a rubbish mum because I've never got any energy! My symptoms are similar to yours. I've got a toddler and a business and struggle, I can't imagine having two little ones plus pregnancy tiredness, I hope you've got a lot of support x
02-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
hayleyc

sort of! but nobody really understands how bad I feel....if I just had that diagnosis, in some ways I could accept the pain a little better...I look around at people and feel so envious that they feel normal and I don't!! Sometimes I just cry for ages, my partner doesn't know how to comfort me, he does the best he can but I'm 32 and feel I'm missing out on life because it hurts just to go for a walk...arghhhhh!!!!!
02-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #4
Anna82

That's exactly what I've felt like! I've been feeling really envious of 'normal' active people wondering if I'll ever get 'me' back and get exhausted doing so little, also, my partner although very supportive is getting a bit frustrated with me because I'm getting so upset about the pains and not having a diagnosis, I think my gp thinks I'm a hypochondriac despite going there very rarely before this recent flare up. My stomach feels heavy painful and horrible, imagine it must be really hard for you being pregnant too. Frustrating isn't it
:-/ I hope you get a diagnosis soon, I know what you mean about being able to deal with it better once you know exactly what's wrong, I've felt the same.
02-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Kero

My Support Groups:
to the forum! Glad you found us We totally understand how you feel. I'm currently undiagnosed as well, hopefully that will change within the next few weeks. We are here to vent to, talk about pooping with, no such thing as a stupid question

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Will this ever end?