Share Facebook

02-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
xcotto

Help me

hi if anyone reads need an answer I have crohns since 1975 im now 60 and still have crohns I suffer at least twice a month with flare-ups the worst is the very painful cramping in my stomach pain that I wish id die everytime I feel it coming on . short of morphine is the only answer but I cant get it all the time but most of the times I just suffer till it passes . I have tried gas -x and everything similar to gas-x under this good gods earth but nothing seems to work other to take sedatives to sleep thru this pain . what if anything has anyone out there have tried with any success to kill or stop gas and or gas bubbles from forming or happening in the stomach . no gas means no pain for me . ill try anything and from any medical field American , oriental , anything. ty xavier cotto long suffer of crohn's
02-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
MicheleM

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry to hear of your pain. I don't have a specific answer for your question. I usually try drinking Ensure (3 -6 bottles per day) when in a painful flare. It usually helps after a few hours.
02-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
pink&green

Hello sorry you are having pain if you don't mind me asking a few questions are you currently taking any maintenance medicine for your Crohn's also have you spoken with your GI about your pain?
Appendix removed
2007 Hemorrhoids removed
2006 resection:
2005 first perianal fistula(removed 3x & lanced still keep coming back)
2014 partial nephrectomy (stage1)
Previously medications:Humira-anaphylaxis reaction, Remicade, Cimzia, Entyvio
Current medications:
B-12, 6mp, flagyl, prednisone,
Tramadol(fistula & joint pain)

LeeLee