• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help me

hi if anyone reads need an answer I have crohns since 1975 im now 60 and still have crohns I suffer at least twice a month with flare-ups the worst is the very painful cramping in my stomach pain that I wish id die everytime I feel it coming on . short of morphine is the only answer but I cant get it all the time but most of the times I just suffer till it passes . I have tried gas -x and everything similar to gas-x under this good gods earth but nothing seems to work other to take sedatives to sleep thru this pain . what if anything has anyone out there have tried with any success to kill or stop gas and or gas bubbles from forming or happening in the stomach . no gas means no pain for me . ill try anything and from any medical field American , oriental , anything. ty xavier cotto long suffer of crohn's

I'm sorry to hear of your pain. I don't have a specific answer for your question. I usually try drinking Ensure (3 -6 bottles per day) when in a painful flare. It usually helps after a few hours.

Hello sorry you are having pain if you don't mind me asking a few questions are you currently taking any maintenance medicine for your Crohn's also have you spoken with your GI about your pain?