Share Facebook

03-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
bert

Uk juicer recommendation

Just recovering from a nasty cold which has taken me down for a few days and seriously looking into juicing to get some much needed vitamins. I have been using a blender to make smoothies but fancy dropping the fibre. I've been looking at various blenders online and can spend up to 200 for a decent blender. Looking at a masticating blender as they seem better than the centrifugal(and quieter!). Any recommendations for a decent model available in the UK will be greatly appreciatted.
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
rygon

My Support Groups:
I have a oscar 900 vitalmax mixer which I find great. Gets so much juice out compared to others I've seen, and has a great warranty
A quick google search shows its about 10 above your budget http://www.juiceland.co.uk/cgi-bin/c...FQEXwwodMSgA5w

although you may find cheaper.
03-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
bert

Thanks rygon,

There are a few units around that price that seem very similar in looks and function. Looks like that unit comes with quite a long warranty as well so I may just have to get one...
06-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
Plissken

I'm in the same boat looking for my first juicer. That one above is now out of stock. i didn't expect them to be so expensive either! I was expecting about 40 lol

Any more recommendations?
06-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I have a Jack LaLanne which I was very lucky to get second hand from a friend for 10. It can juice just about anything!

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
06-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Saralr

My Support Groups:
Check for refurbished juicers. I ordered mine off of Amazon.com in the United States. It's a $400 juicer that I got for $50 and it came with a warranty. Not the best warranty but good for the price I paid.

Until you find one, cheesecloth or a loose leaf tea basket work pretty good to strain the pulp out.
09-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
SmellyMelly

You can pay anywhere from 10.00 up to 1,000 + for a juicer.

My dream juicer is an Angel juicer and it costs around 815.00

It just depends what you want it for. For health reasons such as C&UC then the more expensive the better, as you do not get the same health benefits from the cheaper juicers.

I use a Omega J8005 Single-Gear Masticating Juicer. Which appears to be called a Oscar VitalMax 900 in some countries. Looks to be exactly the same thing but just a different name!!!

Anyway this would be around 250.00 - 300.00 and it normally has a 10 year warranty on the motor. I have been using my juicer every single day for over 5 years now and never had any motor problems. Whereas I have previously blown up and burnt out several cheaper juicers after only a few months.
02-23-2016, 05:37 AM   #8
SusanMcGee
Banned

Juicer recommendation :-

I have a Breville masticating juicer.It's really a best slow juicer.

Brand & Model:Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer

Key Features :
Extracts maximum juice yield from soft fruits & vegetables
Ultra quiet 240-watt motor
Direction control helps to dislodge blockages
Filter basket with auto purifying for maximum yield and easy cleaning
Juice contains more fiber and less froth
Juicer Type: Masticating / Single Auger
Power/Speed: 240 watt / 80 RPM