• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My first year with Crohn's

Hi, my name is Luca, I'm 24yo, and one year ago I've been diagnosed the Crohn's disease. Since then, I'm not having a normal life.

As soon the Crohn's occurred, I started a simple treatment with Prednisolone, perhaps for an excessive time: from march to june of the last year. After the Prednisone, after experienced with the side effects, I decided to follow a paleo diet in order to stay off of medicines and prevent relapses.
I didn't follow strictly that diet because I began to be so full of energy and happiness, that I though to be health again! But I don't know if because of the diet cheats or because of an immune system awake again, I got a relapse on September.
I've been in Hospital for 2 weeks, because the Crohn's got very aggressive and i needed two months to start absorbing again. After this first relapse, the doctors suggested to start a therapy with Remicade, but I was scared of this medicine, so I've been on 1,5 months of Prednisolone again.

I'm scared of Remicade, because when I did an evaluation of compatibility at my IBD center, it showed that I could be a risk subject, because in my childhood I had another autoimmune disease: the mastocytosis urticaria pigments.

When I search on the internet other ways than the Remicade, it looks doable with solutions like LDN, paleo diet, vitamin D3 supplementation, oregano oil (I'm in with all of them) and so on, but I don't know how to consider the improvements obtained from them, so... here I am! To discuss and evaluate how those things are working.

So far, no one of my doctors agrees with any of the methods listed.

Currently I'm good, but since few days I'm finding some blood in the stools and I'm afraid of a new relapse :ymad:

Where do you live, and what other holistic remedies have you tried besides those supplements, do you take a multivitamin and have you tried probiotic therapy?