• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira testing

I have been on Humira and done well for about 3 years. I have had 2 episodes of partial obstruction during this time including this past month. I started being more symptomatic in Oct. My doctor wants me to switch to Cimzia or Remicade. He is saying it is a waste of time to get Prometheus testing. I am wondering whether many of you get this test done before switching to another drug. I did not do well on azathioprine so that is why I was started on Humira.I am currently on 9mg Entocort until I decide what to do next

I started Humira in October 2013 (six mos ago) and have had no results. I just had the Prometheus testing for Humira antibodies this past week. I asked my doctor why we were doing it, since I've never been on Cimzia or Remicade prior. He stated that if I have the antibodies, he'll switch me to Remi. If I don't, he'll move me to a weekly course of Humira. To him, Humira is the best of the best (his preference, clearly), and he's never had a patient NOT respond to it.

I see him on Mar 31, and should have my results by then. I guess we'll see.