Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Eyes » Humira must have helped my Episcleritis

03-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
mish2575

My Support Groups:
Humira must have helped my Episcleritis

I stopped taking Humira because I was on it for my fistulas--which it did not help. My Episcleritis has kicked into high gear though since I stopped.

I'm fighting with my insurance company who insist that OTC allergy drops work as well as Pataday. They do not. I put in two drops of Zatador less than 15 minutes ago and my eye is still swollen and red.
03-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh no, I'm sorry. Good luck fighting with insurance. It can be hard to convince them if the medication does not register as treating a certain condition it is not intended for.

What other medications are you on? Would your doctor consider keeping you on Humira for treating your crohn's in general and not simply for fistulas?
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

03-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
mish2575

My Support Groups:
I WON!!! I found a couple of names in the pharmacy department, wrote a very detailed description and it came back approved.

Turns out that Humira was causing a slight depression for me so I wont be going back on that.
06-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
mish2575

My Support Groups:
My episcleritis is back with a vengeance. I am using the Pataday and a few hours later the over the counter allergy drops.

the weird part is when I go away to the mountains of NH the symptoms completely disappear. I get the symptoms at work and at home so it is not the ventilation. Maybe it is dust.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Eyes » Humira must have helped my Episcleritis