Share Facebook

03-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
jdpar
Help! My tongue hurts!

I'm not for sure if this is related to my Crohn's, but I've heard it can be. My tongue (mostly the middle to tip of it) is KILLING me! Ever since my hospital stay last week it has this raw/burning/PAINFUL sensation to it! Sometimes when I eat things it feels like it's about to burn off. It almost feels like I have cuts or burns or something on it. I've tried eating a lot of ice and popcicles, but nothing seems to be helping it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? I am miserable!!!
03-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
carrollco

My Support Groups:
This is actually a common symptom with me and it is extremely uncomfortable. Coffee doesn't bother me unless it is dark roast. And dark roast sets off the burning tongue as well. Cinnamon does it too. Oh, and pineapple. Ice etc doesn't help. Only time. It usually disappears after a few hours. Remicade hasn't helped with this either. So I avoid the foods that bug me or pay the price.

Previous Meds:

Methotrexate--had kidney/liver damage
Lialda--allergic to aspirin--but didn't know until my Crohn's got much worse.
Prednisone--only when I have to!
08-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
*yvonne*

My Support Groups:
I've got this right now and ouch is all I can say as a matter of fact it's that painful I'm having trouble pronouncing some words!!

I have no idea what sets mine off but I know when I take iron tablets I don't have it but I'm not taking them just now but my iron levels are apparently ok so I shouldn't need them.

I will look out for and food links so thanks for the tip carrollco
08-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
liscol

My Support Groups:
I get this on and off , the only thing that helps a little is warm salt mouth rince, just dissolve a 1/8 teaspoon of salt in 1/2 glass of warm water and rince a few times. Hope this helps
09-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
lilac

My Support Groups:
When I had this before I was prescribed Difflam mouthwash. I also used Corsydl *but water it down*. They didn't take it away, but at least gave me a bit of relief so I could fall asleep/drink
09-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #6
javanov

My Support Groups:
I've had this, yes corsadyl does seem to help
09-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
rollingwithmycrohnies

My Support Groups:
I get this when my iron and b12 are low. I also get little fissures in the corners of my mouth if it's really bad. It passes once I bring up my levels. I rinse my mouth with coconut oil while I'm in the shower.