• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie signing in

Hi all I am Janet and I have had crohns since 1975 (now you all say "hi Janet) any how after years of symptoms and me hating meds I had about half my small bowel removed, started taking Pentasa and have been pretty much symptom free for about 6 years. I eat salad and fruit for the first time in 30 years! feel great . BUT had some testing and it is back, but I really have no symptoms and still feel great. Dr. has recommended a permanent course of Remicade so that I can hopefully remain in remission and feeling good. I will have to check out the specific Remicade forum to get your feedback. Start treatment on Mon. so I will have to see how it goes. Does it sound goofy to pump this stuff into my system when I feel good and have no pain?? My sister is a nurse and thinks I'm crazy but doc says it will help to keep me feeling good longer. ( OK how funny is it that there is an emoticon of a toilet??)