• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's a month ago. Hi!

Hello, here is my unfolding Crohn's story for all who are interested:

After having gradually worsening symptoms (nausea at meals, lower abdominal discomfort, weight loss, etc...) for about 6 months, a colonoscopy finally found evidence of Crohn's Disease in my lower bowel last February. The inflammation was quite severe in places and there was one spot just before the ileum where the camera could not pass through. I was prescribed 40mg prednisone tapering at 10mg per week, which immediately improved the symptoms with no perceptible side effects. I had my first Remicade infusion yesterday, which will hopefully begin to start working as I taper completely off the prednisone in the next 6 weeks or so. Over the last 4 weeks I have adopted a "paleo/SCD" diet and I hope to achieve lasting, drug-free remission eventually.

I am interested in hearing from any of you fellow Crohn's patients who have any thoughts/suggestions/comments/advice for me!

Well I know for me, the doc had me on pentasa and pred. But once he began tapering me off pred I flared when I got down to like 5 mg from the 30mg I was originally on. I personally needed something to be able to go onto long term but had to wait a long time for bloodtests and such. I got angry with the doc. But now I'm on imuran as well as back up to 30mg of pred. Each person is different. Each flare is different.