Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Been having Anxiety Attacks and No Doctor Will Help. What to do?

05-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #31
Jboy--

Just noticed this, and marijuana can cause panic attacks, but certain strains are far less likely too and in fact new research shows that CBD may be a powerful anxiolytic. There is a lot more to marijuana than meets the eye and while its not legal everywhere, that would not in the least bit deter me from recommending a potentially life saving medication to someone because I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. I care far too much about people to become a doctor...

anyway amaze hope the ativan is helping, I have recently discovered liquid xanax which is pretty awesome for anxiety bc you don't have to choke down a pill, and it begins working almost instantly so u may wanna try that...
For marijuana, I think it really depends on what kind of strain you get. I bet if I smoked a calm type of pot it could reduce my anxiety symptoms considerably as well, I'm open to it still. Didn't know they had liquid Xanax now! I have Ativan on hand for bad attacks.
05-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #32
ce1210

My Support Groups:
Yes its very unfortunate that marijuana is illegal, as if it were, medical professionals and scientists could create some pretty amazing medicine I bet, bc I am neither of those things and I can create some pretty amazing medicine with a bag full of seeds, some good weather, and some relatively inexpensive extraction tools. I know it certainly helps my anxiety...but alprazolam intensol is liquid xanax and it helped me tremendously with panic attacks for a while and surprisingly seemed to help Crohn's symptoms as well.
05-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #33
Jboy--

Yes its very unfortunate that marijuana is illegal, as if it were, medical professionals and scientists could create some pretty amazing medicine I bet, bc I am neither of those things and I can create some pretty amazing medicine with a bag full of seeds, some good weather, and some relatively inexpensive extraction tools. I know it certainly helps my anxiety...but alprazolam intensol is liquid xanax and it helped me tremendously with panic attacks for a while and surprisingly seemed to help Crohn's symptoms as well.
It really is, I think Canada and the US should legalize it already however it is available for medical purposes up here in Canada but I think Tennessee doesn't have it legal for medical purposes? Am I right?
Oh there you go, if you can create it go for it! I didn't know Xanax was in liquid now, that's news to me. I have Ativan for panic, but I rarely use them. Is Xanax more potent?
05-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #34
ce1210

My Support Groups:
It really is, I think Canada and the US should legalize it already however it is available for medical purposes up here in Canada but I think Tennessee doesn't have it legal for medical purposes? Am I right?
Oh there you go, if you can create it go for it! I didn't know Xanax was in liquid now, that's news to me. I have Ativan for panic, but I rarely use them. Is Xanax more potent?
Xanax is the fastest acting of all benzos (or of all the ones available on the market today) and is therefore used more for panic attacks whereas ativan is more often used for general anxiety or a sleep aid, sooo potent may not be the word, but xanax has a very high addiction potential. And yea cannabis is not legal for any purpose in the state of TN, you canadians are lucky what with ur national healthcare and medical marijuana....
05-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #35
Jboy--

Xanax is the fastest acting of all benzos (or of all the ones available on the market today) and is therefore used more for panic attacks whereas ativan is more often used for general anxiety or a sleep aid, sooo potent may not be the word, but xanax has a very high addiction potential. And yea cannabis is not legal for any purpose in the state of TN, you canadians are lucky what with ur national healthcare and medical marijuana....
I didn't actually know that! I thought the dissolve under your tongue Ativans were for benzos. Ativan helps me though for panic attacks so much but you're right, it usually takes a full hour for it to kill the panic. I also didn't know that Xanax was the more addictive one because Ativan isn't to me. I know, Tennessee is silly with a lot of their laws (Republican red state lol). I LOVE our healthcare system, I'd be bankrupt right now I bet if I lived in the US with all my hospital visits and tests I've had, medical marijuana is nationwide as well yes! I have friends that have medical cards.
05-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #36
ce1210

My Support Groups:
Jboy I think we are starting to hi-jack this thread lol...hope all is well amaze!
05-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #37
Jboy--

Jboy I think we are starting to hi-jack this thread lol...hope all is well amaze!
Haha oops, we are! PM me if you want
12-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #38
Mommeran

My Support Groups:
Read:" The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross and the Ultramind Solution by Mark Hyman, M.D.
My PCP physician recommended these books and approaches to managing mental health issues. We went off of pharmaceuticals to manage depression, anxiety and ADHD issues using protocols from these doctors and had excellent results. Highly recommend!!!
12-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #39
kateybell21

My Support Groups:
I was diagnosed with anxiety in 2010 and have been on anxiety meds since then. Of course they have risks but I would definitely recommend them. I was on paxil, but am now on venlafxin or Effexor. Something else thats helped me is counseling. Putting the two together is one of the best things you could do for anxiety.
12-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #40
MsZombie

My Support Groups:
I was treated for depression and anxiety at least 10 years before my Crohn's. I took Zoloft 250 mg daily and Xanax 2mg 3 times daily. I had a very understanding Doc. I detoxed myself off Zoloft 1 year ago b/c it stopped working. Now, just going through the beginnings of my Crohn's journey, I realized I wasn't depressed. No depression since I stopped Zoloft. But I still remain on my Xanax, at the least 4mg to sleep at night.
I know it's hard to find understanding Doc's with regards to anxiety meds, but rhey are out there. Keep trying. 😋👍

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Been having Anxiety Attacks and No Doctor Will Help. What to do?