Share Facebook

03-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
catch22

Should I?

Hey every one!

I'm a 23 year old guy with Crohn's disease and my doctor has recently advised I start with humira, home injections.

The thing is that I am completely healthy. I have not had any problems or pain in three years, knock on wood.

I am currently on two medicins who in Sweden, maybe its the same name every where. Is called Pentasa and Imurel.

I do have some inflammation activity according to my test but nothing that I notice.

The reason for the humira my doctor says is to prevent future illness. To fight my disease to such a degree that it hopefully won't surface in the future.

What do you guys think? Should I take the Humira even though I am completely healthy right now.

The side effects are a bit scary when you read them but then again side effects always are.

What do you think?
03-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Personally I would look to your history with the illness as an indicator. If you can avoid the heavy duty drugs I would. If you are likely to have a lot of inflammation and scar tissue leading to surgery than absolutely you need to play offensive.
03-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
badbelly

My Support Groups:
I agree, if you don't have active inflammation that is doing damage to your intestines, then I wouldn't if I were you. But if you do have active inflammation that isn't being kept under control w/ your current meds, then it might be a good idea.
Supps: VSL#3, multivit., d3, omega3, iron, b12
Past meds: LDN, cipro/flagyl, prednisone, pentasa