• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello Crohnies....im a newbee here

]Hello...I wanted to do a short intro to who I am and would love to be a vital part of helping each other
with Crohn's.
You will not see me capitalize crohns ever again for I give it no power...not even dignity in print. So there!

I was diagnosed at 17 after 1 solid year of misdiagnosis.
I would have died if not for my beloved uncle who drove me to Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC.
After getting my last rights..really...it was discovered I had crohns...illeitis... to be exact.
I was kept at said hospital for a total of 3 months and survived. It has been a daily battle with this war and no winners yet...but everyday I get through is a battle won and I know there's many more ahead.

I am allergic to sulphur...all derivitives. I have tried every drug..med...manufacturer...for 38 yrs. Remicade was my winner for 2 yrs. but sadly quit the fight. I am now on humira inj. every 10 days fr every 14. It has worked for 4yrs and my flare ups, exacerbations, have been workable. Three yrs since my last hospitalization and now here I sit in a new one with a severe obstruction that is as resilient and overpowering as my dear mom.

So I have much to talk about and as an old pro with crohns I can help give some thoughtful advice.

***I am also a nurse and counselor as well as a single parent..married / divorced 3x...(3 for 3) and happily single with 3 of my 5 kids still at home.

Just wanted to ad....this is not a disease for the fainthearted. We are all warriors in this war and each battle we conquer only strengthens us for the next. We need to spread the word about crohns and Make people get what we suffer through everyday holistically as this disease affects every part of us not just our bowels.
Be strong..be brave and do your homework. Its your disease so get your ammunition against it and knowledge is the most powerfully effective of all.

Look forward to talking with you all. Peace and keep up the good fight! We are victorious if only in mind!

Last edited:
Thank you for the warm invite. I see that some are brand newly diagnosed with crohns and may I say...I know how frightening this can be. Its a difficult road if you allow that to trap you and prevent you from researching and moving forward. Just stay with your abilities to look at this as a winning battle each step. Go online..look up new research being done and done. Go to sites for German research and other countries. Many are way ahead of the USA.

I have an inner strength and don't quit easily if at all, but I'm human too. We are allowed those moments of "why me" and " this will never be ok", but let them be short and small in frequency. You WILL get through this and be in control at some point.

For those like myself, who are old times to crohns, it still can get like that at times. 20- 30- 38 years is a long battle knowing the war ain't over yet! Hang in there and it helps when you help others less fortunate. Give advice and be a good listener when needed. These sites and many groups out there need us. Every day is another chance for improvement in ourselves. We are not defined solely by our disease....we are so much more than this.

So I'll stop preaching and hopefully help someone with some teaching. I love all these sites but I will probably only be on this one and maybe one more.

My advice for now...educate yourself in every way you can about crohns and do something good tomorrow... For yourself and for someone else. Little acts of random kindness make the world smile.
Peace and keep fighting the good fight!