• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this

I have had Crohn's disease more than 50 years. It nice to know I'm not the only one that has this horrible disease. I have had 8 surgeries and only have 4 feet of my small bowel left. My dr is trying to get me on Humira because I could not use Imuran, nasty allergic reaction. I am hoping to get any feedback from anyone that has used Humira, both and good and bad.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome! I had a reaction to Humira but it has been a lifesaver for so many here. It can take up to 3 months to work but I hope it will change your life for the better.

Hello, I am on humira and glad! It is the only medication that has brought some stability to my disease. I feel a bit groggy on the day of injecting and the day after, but I am willing to deal with it as it has let me get on with a more normal way of life. It is always odd injecting yourself and does take a while to have effect during the first few months.
I hope you have a good reaction and best of luck x