Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Samuel Castillo of Chicago, Illinois

Old 03-29-2014, 05:35 PM
NameDr. Samuel F Castillo
Address1431 N Western Ave
 Chicago, Illinois, 60622
 United States
Websitehttp://www.chicagogi.com/
Phone773-342-6800
BioEducation:
Medical School - University of Illinois
Mayo Clinic, Residency in Internal Medicine
University of Arizona Affiliated Hospitals, Fellowship in Gastroenterology

Hospital Affiliations:
Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center

Languages Spoken:
English
Spanish

Board Certifications:
American Board of Internal Medicine
Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)

Professional Memberships:
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
American College of Gastroenterology
 View Directory Entry
03-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
vivaelbirdo

He was a lifesaver. I went to Dr. Castillo while on a trip to Chicago. During my 45 appointment, he never once rushed me, listened carefully and set me up for a colonoscopy just 4 days later (much to the chagrin of his staff). He's also extremely personable and does a great job of making you feel comfortable. Despite being affilated with a different hospital, he set me up for my CT-scan at the University of Chicago...simply because they do it better.

After my colonoscopy revealed mass inflammation I went home, tried to eat a little bit and got extremely sick. Again, recognizing what is best for his patient, he directed me to the University of Chicago ER, where I would end up in the care of their renowned IBD team. The result was a week long hospitalization (that would lead to surgery back home in NY a month later).

I'm bummed he was only my Dr. for a short period. One 45 minute appointment put me on the track to proper treatment and knowledge of my illness faster 7 years of Doctors in New York did. The greatest was having a Doctor who listens carefully to what you say and isn't in a hurray.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
4 / 5 Knowledgeable
3 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Samuel Castillo of Chicago, Illinois