• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I am an active 47 year old male with a 20 year history of UC. I have sought to control it via diet, and probiotics (and some supplements) with some unverifiable success in avoiding flairs, but over the years have suffered significantly. I do have a history of smoking tobacco, but I do not smoke. I also know that smoking cigarettes will stop a flair almost immediately, but I choose to avoid them.

Some probiotics and supplements I "think" have helped me maintain periods of remission are: Align, fish oil, glutamine, colostrum.

I follow a whole foods diet that is gluten-free. I have found that since going gluten-free (at the advice of my family DR) that I have much less gas and GI disturbances, and an increased tolerance for dairy.

I recently had a flair that started about 1 month after taking antibiotics for a flu. Normally I avoid taking antibiotics, but I had vacation plans that would have been ruined if I had remained sick.

In response to this most recent flair, I have obtained a Medical Marijuana Card, and I am interested in finding out how to effectively use cannabis to reduce the impact of flairs and to perhaps help avoid them.

Kestrel