• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

My story .....Am new. Had abdominal (ab) pain for past 8 months. Doctor thought it was acid prob. Got every conceivable test: blood, stool, x-ray, ultrasound, CT scan. Inflammation found in intestines.

Also, at the same time, had umbilical hernia which also caused ab pain. Needed colonoscopy to confirm/reject Crohn's Disease (CD). Could not get one. Raised hell. Issued press release. Wrote medical officials. Got appt.

Recently had another severe attack of ab pain. Went to Emerg. Had umbilical hernia surgery March 26/14. Stopped Prednisone (yuk!) March 24/14. Waiting for hernia surgery to heal.

New doctor in Gasterenterology (GI) thinks I may have Crohn's. Have stopped all wheat, diary, and most sugars (my own decision). GI doc is recommending a different test, as colonoscopy not needed now.

Has anyone looked into metaphysics and Crohn's?

Theory is that medical issues show up in parts of our body where we hold emotion. I was dealing with a work situation where management hated unions. I was a union member. In other words, I was in a situation that I "could not stomach." Is this the real reason for my ab pain? Hmmm..... I will start looking into this....

Astra

Hello EdwardSmith and welcome

I have moved you to Your story, you were stuck in someone else's thread, you will get a better response this way.
Hope you get some answers soon xxx

Thanks Astra for moving my post to My Story. Am feeling better and less cranky everyday after umbilical hernia surgery.

Peace to all.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome Edward! I haven't heard of metaphysics but definitely believe we can all benefit from stress reduction. It definitely plays a role in our disease but not the causation.