Share Facebook

04-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Emily626

My Support Groups:
Seton site is ITCHING!

I just had my seton put in on Friday 3/28 and it is itching like crazy. I have been following doctor's orders and doing my sitz baths, keeping the area clean, moving it once a day, etc. But it itches so much. Is this normal?

Also, when you have a bowel movement do you even attempt to wipe? Or do you just go straight to the shower? I have tried "patting" the area with toilet paper and using a peri bottle, showering, sitz bathing, etc. immediately after going, because the thought of wiping seems like torture. LOL
04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Itching is a sign of healing and it's normal. If you can use balneol cream that helps with the itching. I wouldn't wipe. Just baths and gently pat with tissue or baby wipes.
04-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
Essieluv

Itching is to be expected with a seton. When I had mine I wouldn't wipe, period. I used a peri-bottle, I believe you can get those at any pharmacy. It's a little humiliating, but so worth it.

Waiting for a cure!
04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Carrie171087

My Support Groups:
I had 3 setons placed January 25th and to begin with did not want to wipe and found crouching and getting the shower head right under helped. But I did and still do use wet wipes to clean the area and then after pat with toilet paper. I work full time and my bowels are open a lot during the course of the day so I would obviously not be able to shower every time...

as for the itching o my god it's driving me crazy! If u don't mind me asking has any itching spread to the vaginal area mine has and it's so sore I got some canestan cream it gets rid after 2 or so days but then returns... I'm gonna try some balneol cream thanks.

Do your setons weep a lot??

Sorry to keep asking I just haven't spoken much to anyone else in the same situation.

:-)
04-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #5
Emily626

My Support Groups:
Thanks everyone! I ordered the Balneol to give that a try and I called my doc yesterday and she also suggested calmoseptine, so I ordered some of that too. Hopefully, these will help.

Carrie - the itching has not spread.....yet. But, I am just waiting for it to. I suffer from yeast infections a couple of times a year already, so I can only imagine how frustrating that can be. So far, I have had a lot of drainage and I have been using gauze pads and changing them every time I go to the bathroom. Even just to urinate.
04-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
Essieluv

Oh yes, so glad you got calmoseptine. It is by far the best anal cream I have tried.
04-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
Carrie171087

My Support Groups:
Thanks for that I'm gonna get my self both creams yo and try them. Yes yeast infections a pesky friend of mine to. Haha
04-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
Essieluv

Carrie are you on any biologics or immunosuppresants? Those can cause chronic yeast infections. I had a chronic yeast infection and oral thrush for two years while I was on biologics.