• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help with finding a prescribing ldn doctor

My son who is almost 14 now, was diagnosed when he was 15 months old with UC. His doc just changed his diagnosis last April. He has been on many meds that didnt work untill he tried remicade when he was 7, but now the remicade is losing its effectiveness and dr wants to add methotrexate. Very worried about this as I have been researching it. I stumbled upon a blog somewhere that this mom said her dr prescribed ldn and she has been having great success. I would rather try this option that isn't harsh like these other drugs. I just dont know where to find a doctor that is willing to prescribe it for crohns patients. His gastro is in Spokane at Sacred Heart Childrens hospital. Please, does anyone have any feedback?
Thanks,
Erin

Trysha

Staff member
Hello sporty mum
Welcome to the forum.
Within the crohn's forum there is a support group that may be helpful to you.
It is:

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) Support Group

There are members with children taking LDN.
I have no personal experience to relate but this group you may find helpful
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Hello, just to say I had a hard time trying various medications, with a lot of bad reactions. One of the medications I am now on is methotrexate and it has been one of the only medications that has some positive impact. I hope this gives some comfort?
Best of luck to you and your son!