04-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
JodeZed

My Support Groups:
New here

Well I'm new here... had crohns for 14 years.. been on steroids on numerous occasions, elemental diets, pentasa but azathioprine kept it calm for the longest before surgery.. which unfortunately only left me pain free for a year so I was back on azathioprine.. I have started humira and 4 months on I'm starting to feel better. I don't personally know anyone with crohns and its been a struggle over the years so that's why I'm here now.. would like to know about anyone on humira and there story too..
04-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi and welcome.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
04-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
sickofcrohns

Hi JodeZed,

Welcome to the forum. Where are you? There are people on here from all over the world.
04-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Ali29

My Support Groups:
Hi JodeZed,

There is a Humira Support Group on this Forum. You can find it under the Support Groups Tab. Hopefully that can give you some more information. I have joined several Support Groups and it has been very helpful.

Hope you feel better!
Diagnosises - Mast Cell Activation Disorder, IBD Small Intestine-duodenum-villi blunted, Bile Acid/Fat Malabsorption, Chronic nausea-vomiting/pain, esophageal dismotility, mucosal edema, acid hypersecretion, Lymphocytic Colitis, Ocular Migraines, gallbladder removed

Current Meds: H1 H2 Anti Histamines, PPI, Enteragam, Lomotil, Phenergan, Percoset

Meds that did not work: Pentasa, Lialda, Zenpep, Entocort EC, Carafate, Elavil, Lotronex, Desipramine, Questran/Welchol severe bloating/pain.
04-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I've been on Humira since last November! It's really helped me, especially with my fistula. That was the main reason my GI wanted me on it. I inject once every week.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you can get the support you want from here.

Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
05-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
JodeZed

My Support Groups:
Hi all. Still getting used to this! Thank you for your support! Starting to feel like Humor a is helping but had a stressful few weeks and I'm getting a bit of pain but that is the joy of crohns, stress is not good. X