Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Update- My Story

04-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
BriannaC

My Support Groups:
Update- My Story

So about 2 months ago I joined this site and shared my story. Well, today I am updating all from ETCH. I am going to be here about a week. Because we could never get me in with a doctor I ended up in the ER last night with really bad stomach pains, a swollen throat, chills, and I had been bleeding from my back end earlier in the day. We found out several blood tests, an xray, and a ct with contrast later that I do have an infection in my colon and there's significant inflammation as well. I am scheduled to have yet another scope done Friday I think. I also went from having a blood count of 33 drop to 28 which isn't a great thing. So, I had to have a blood transfusion, 2 units in all I think, I've had to have fluids pumped through an IV since I got here, and I've had several more blood tests done. Anyways, yeah. There's an update, but hopefully this will help a lot. They got me a new doctor, so wish me luck!
04-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
Ali29

My Support Groups:
Good luck BriannaC - may you have a fast recovery!
Diagnosises - Mast Cell Activation Disorder, IBD Small Intestine-duodenum-villi blunted, Bile Acid/Fat Malabsorption, Chronic nausea-vomiting/pain, esophageal dismotility, mucosal edema, acid hypersecretion, Lymphocytic Colitis, Ocular Migraines, gallbladder removed

Current Meds: H1 H2 Anti Histamines, PPI, Enteragam, Lomotil, Phenergan, Percoset

Meds that did not work: Pentasa, Lialda, Zenpep, Entocort EC, Carafate, Elavil, Lotronex, Desipramine, Questran/Welchol severe bloating/pain.
04-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
Trysha

My Support Groups:
Hello Brianna
It's good to hear you have now received the proper help and are on the way to a proper diagnosis and recovery.
That has been a very bad time for you--hurry up and get well soon
Please keep us posted on your progress we will be very interested to hear.
hugs and best wishes
Trysha
04-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Allison M
Good luck girl! Hope you are better quick, Brianna!
Rectal Prolapse Feb 2013 with repair and removal
Pancolitis multiple times before diagnosis
Stricture and resection after prolapse May 2013
Current Meds: Prednisone, probiotics, 2 b/p meds, MV, Zoloft
Past meds: Prednisone, Flagyll and antibiotics (?)

[/SIGPIC]
04-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #5
LCATC945

My Support Groups:
So about 2 months ago I joined this site and shared my story. Well, today I am updating all from ETCH. I am going to be here about a week. Because we could never get me in with a doctor I ended up in the ER last night with really bad stomach pains, a swollen throat, chills, and I had been bleeding from my back end earlier in the day. We found out several blood tests, an xray, and a ct with contrast later that I do have an infection in my colon and there's significant inflammation as well. I am scheduled to have yet another scope done Friday I think. I also went from having a blood count of 33 drop to 28 which isn't a great thing. So, I had to have a blood transfusion, 2 units in all I think, I've had to have fluids pumped through an IV since I got here, and I've had several more blood tests done. Anyways, yeah. There's an update, but hopefully this will help a lot. They got me a new doctor, so wish me luck!

I'm sorry to hear that. I was in the hospital for a week (March 25-April 2) due to a stool infection called c-diff. It inflamed my bowls and I was on pain medication to manage the pain. It's not fun I know. Sounds like you have it worse then I did and I'm sorry about that. I was lucky enough to not have bleeding or a swollen throat. My white blood cell count was just dangerously low due to the imuran I was taking, which they took me off of. Get better!! As much as it sucks being in the hospital it is the best place for you to get the care you need right now.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Update- My Story