Share Facebook

04-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
Kero

My Support Groups:
Restless legs

Just wondering if anyone else is experienced restless legs? Particularly in a flare? I have noticed my pain getting a little worse the last few weeks, have also been dealing with extra restless legs. Took me almost 3 hours to fall asleep last night Decided to take a walk today to pick up my kid, hoping some exercise my help
04-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yes, I have it and I think Grace does. We use magnesium, zinc and calcium vitamins.
BUT Grace has her levels checked every few months to tell us how to supplement. Her doc heads that part up.

Have you had your vitamins levels check recently.
dx Juvenile Arthritis
(12/13/13)
dx Erthema Nodosum
(8/13/14)
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
(10/14/13)
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome dx (1/26/17)
Remicade started on (9/8/14)Every 4 wks
Azathroprine started on 10/9/15
EN/EEN- since (1/12/13)
Past Meds- LDN, Humira, Pred, MTX, Sulfasalazine
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Kero

My Support Groups:
I had bloodwork done, not sure if they checked my vitamins or not. I will have to mention it to my doctor, see what she says, thank you
04-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I think I may have had something like that for years now, but always attributed it to anxiety or excess energy rather than my flares. (Especially since I have it despite being in remission.) It interferes with my sleep almost every night though. The only thing that really helps me is taking sleep medication to help sedate me, but that never feels very good and I build up tolerances so fast.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
04-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
jlm

My Support Groups:
Do you happen to take any pain meds before bed? I have had prescriptions for both morphine and dilaudid and both give me restless legs.
Nightly TPN.
Four resections.
04-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Kero

My Support Groups:
Hey Jenna, I do have RX's for pain meds, but they are the same ones I have been taking for months, never had an issue before. Just been recent, last 3 weeks or so, and pain has been getting a little bit worse. Just wish the biopsy results from my scope would come back already
04-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
jlm

My Support Groups:
When I first started taking them it didn't bother me either. I was on Dilaudidfor almost a year dealing with a kidney stone (iit was rather large and needed to be surgically removed). Most recently I started back on some Dilaudid after surgery. When I was on IV Dilaudid I would have like full body twitches in hospital, I actually punch myself in the stomach twice! I don't know if there's any relation but it's hard to not think there isn't. I was taking 3mg if Dilaudid when I do take them. And if I take morphine I take 10mg.