• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here but 15 years Crohn's Vet

farm

Captain Insaneo
Hey everyone. I've had crohn's for 15 years now. Just had my first surgery (hopefully LAST surgery) for it back in December. They took out the ascedning and transverse colon, along with the ruptured appendix.
Went back in March for a colonoscopy just to find out they, by no means, got it all and it's now more active than ever.
Went through Entocort to no avail, am now on my 7th week of Predisone to no avail, and will start Remicade transfusions in the next couple of weeks.

So that's about it for my crohns thus far. Other than that I'm somewhat normal. :lol: 33 years old, proud father, husband, baseball coach, and football coach.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Hi farm,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are still battling. Hope you find answers, support and friendship here as I have.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

That is quite a schedule you have. I hope you can keep up with that. I have not heard of Prednisone not working in the short run. That is some pretty powerful stuff.

Apparently, no one has asked you to be a Basketball coach yet. Hockey maybe?

Dan

farm

Captain Insaneo
Thanks everyone. I started on 45mg of pred. then decreased by 5mg each week. I'm down to 15mg per week now and will decrease by 2.5mg each week.

I don't know much about basketball and we don't have much hockey here in NC. :smile:

This recent "flare" started back in November, then I had surgery in December. (right hemi-colectomy) and it seems ever since the surgery I've had worse problems with my crohns than I ever did before. But I trust my GI doc and I'm sure things will get better eventually.

I just wanted to say welcome

It does sound like you have been through a lot, but I believe that everything will get better sooner or later. I have found that this is the greatest forum and informative team that I have found out there. Hope that you start feeling better soon.

farm

Captain Insaneo
So I guess this is my re-introduction. I'll be 35 this month. (wow!) And since my surgery 1-1-2009 I've been pretty much worse ever since. I went through months and months of Remicade and it didn't help. Right now I'm on nothing, but that will all change this month after I have another colonoscopy. So, "Hi". Hope you all are well.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey farm,

Good to see you back here! Sorry to hear though you are having such a rough time and for a long while by the sounds it. :(

Good luck with the scope and welcome back!!!

Dusty, :)

ameslouise

Hi Farm! Nice to see you but sorry you are feeling so bad.

Good luck with the scope. And good luck finding a treatment plan that will get you feeling better.

Stick around for a while, will ya? :)

- Amy

Hey Farm! Welcome back. :)

Sorry to hear things have not improved since surgery. Boo for that!

I hope your colonoscopy sheds some light on what needs to be done so you can get back to feeling great. Glad to see you around the forums again!

farm

Captain Insaneo
Thanks everyone. I missed you all too. Hopefully I can make you all laugh and smile again! :)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks everyone. I missed you all too. Hopefully I can make you all laugh and smile again! :)
Hey, we are counting on that... we have a guy named Pirate who makes us laugh :ylol2: but he isnt on as much any more.:( Make us laugh!:lol: