Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » Confused about SCD Stages & other questions!

04-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
Al77

My Support Groups:
Confused about SCD Stages & other questions!

Hi,

I am looking at the SCD diet and confused about what to look for when adding new foods.

Basically, I rarely have diarrhea, my CD symptoms are more cramps, feeling "weird" in my stomach, bloating, gas, sometimes pain in the intestinal area, a kind of acid burning and big, surprise burps.

I get diarrhea occasionally, but it's rarely loose. I just go to the bathroom a lot over a 5 or so hour period.

So how do I decide when I should add new foods? What do I look for? Less "weirdness" in the stomach?

Also, are the illegal foods something that should be avoided permanently. Or can they be added at a later date.

Finally, can you eat the yoghurt on the intro? I can't get the DCCC here (no idea what it even is).

Thanks!
04-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
chrohnotrigger

Well, if I were you, I would try the introductory diet (chicken soup, beef patties, carrot puree) for between 24 and 72 hours and see if your crohn's symptoms don't change. That would give you a new baseline for what "normal" is when you add new foods.

Should illegal foods be avoided permanently ... as they say, the only certain thing in life is death and taxes. Banning something forever seems impossible. Stay clear of the illegal foods for a bit until you have a good idea of how you fair eating only SCD-legal foods. Again, this will be a good baseline for new foods in your diet.

The intro is supposed to be as barebones as possible. It is a transient period designed to reset you. Don't worry about eating yogurt for 1 to 3 days and instead eat the very simple foods they recommend.
04-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Charleigh
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would introduce the stages at a normal, reasonable rate as long as you don't start having stomach symptoms. If you do begin to have symptoms then back up and try again . Good luck!
Enteral Nutrition
04-13-2014, 03:38 AM   #4
Al77

My Support Groups:
Thanks.

The symptoms just being the bloating, cramps etc etc?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » Confused about SCD Stages & other questions!