Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New member intro

04-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
jnheflin2003

New member intro

I am new to this and any type of forum. I decided to start reaching out to more IBD sites. I have Crohns disease. I was dx in 1995 while in the Army. At the time I was very sick and within 6 mths had a resection. Over the years been in and out of remission and a few hospitals but have avoided another surgery. I have recently started another flare after 2 years in remission (or close). All my flare sites have been in small intestine or close to old surgery site which was some ileum, terminal ileum, and cecum (appendix went too). This flare is in my sigmoid and rectum, how lovely!
I am 43 yrs old, married with one 11 year old son. I have wonderful supportive friends and family close. I love animals especially horses, owning one of my own now. I live in Peyton Colorado.
04-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Hello jnheflin2003 and welcome to the forum!

You will find that this forum is very active with members and full of plenty of information about IBD, research, treatment and learning to live with IBD at varying stages in your life as well as a place to vent. Everyone is very understanding and super supportive which is one of the reasons I love being a member of this forum.

I'm very sorry to hear about your current flare but also glad to hear that you were able to experience remission at certain points and hope that you will be able to get there once again! It's great to hear that you have such a strong support system as well which we all know is crucial to dealing with this disease sometimes. There are a few horse lovers on the forum as well, hopefully you will come across them soon!

Wishing you all the best and see you around on the forum!
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

04-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

Greetings and welcome

I'm glad you're reaching out to others via this community.

Out of curiosity, what is your current treatment regimen?

All my best to you.
04-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
jnheflin2003

David,
I just got done with Prednisone. I also take Humira and am finishing up a few days of Flagyl. I also take Tramadol and Percocet, when needed. Zofran and Bentyl when needed also.
I was in the ER last Friday. Needed hydration and IV pain meds badly. Started on Flagyl then too. Am feeling somewhat better but cramping is still present and diarrhea is coming back. Have appt tomorrow with my GI dr.
04-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
David
Co-Founder

I'm glad you have an appointment with the GI. Please keep us updated as to what they say.

Best of luck to you.
04-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #6
jnheflin2003

David,

Thank you and I will keep you updated.

Jenny
04-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
LidaRCox

welcome to the forum

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New member intro