Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » My Story- Update 2

04-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
BriannaC

My Support Groups:
My Story- Update 2

So, 2 weeks ago I posted from Children's Hospital. Turns out my Crohn's has moved to a spot they can't find... I had an upper GI done last week and had blood work done. Just waiting on those to come back now. Friday night, I ended up going to Gatlinburg and walking around. Later that night, I ended up with severe stomach pains and I went to the bathroom because something felt off and I had started bleeding from my back end. It scared me to death so I ended up going home after that. I had not gone to the bathroom like that within about 4 hours of it starting. It just started out of nowhere after the pains did. I have another doctor's appointment next week where hopefully everything is okay. If not, I end up back in the hospital.
So, yeah... I am seriously hoping things turn around and soon. I'm 15 and this really sucks.
04-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry that things are so tough for you right now. Although I wasn't diagnosed until I was 19 , my symptoms started at 15 , I never had bleeding though and I can't imagine how scary that must of been.

Have you called to inform your GI of the bleeding? If not then make sure you do if it happens again .. I was told to call straight away if I started to bleed, no matter how soon my next appointment was.

I know it's hard but try not to worry too much. It could be something like a fissure, which is a small tear in the lining of the rectum.

Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, sulfasalazine, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
04-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

I'm so sorry to hear about this newest hurdle you're facing. I can imagine that was extremely scary to experience

I pray that they are able to get things under control for you soon.

All my best to you!
04-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I wish you the best of luck at your appointment and I hope your doctor is able to help you without a hospital visit. How are you feeling now?
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » My Story- Update 2