Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New Here - May Have Crohn's

04-25-2014, 02:07 AM   #31
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Also I feel like I have to pass gas and I can't each time I try.
04-25-2014, 02:11 AM   #32
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
If you don't have faith in your GI you should see about finding a new one. We have a nice set of doctor reviews for just that purpose, the relationship between a CD patient and their GI is really important. Why were you almost throwing up?

Feeling like you need to pass gas after a colonoscopy is normal because they pump your colon full of air to expand it, a little walking should help.
04-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #33
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
If you don't have faith in your GI you should see about finding a new one. We have a nice set of doctor reviews for just that purpose, the relationship between a CD patient and their GI is really important. Why were you almost throwing up?

Feeling like you need to pass gas after a colonoscopy is normal because they pump your colon full of air to expand it, a little walking should help.
I don't know I began walking and then felt suddenly like throwing up.

I'm still in constant pain from 8-9. This is horrible.

Thanks
04-25-2014, 02:48 AM   #34
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
And now I've thrown up
04-25-2014, 02:51 AM   #35
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
What did it look like?
04-25-2014, 03:21 AM   #36
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
What did it look like?
It was dark so I couldn't see and I threw up on a plate.

(my boyfriend disposed of it)

All that I *could* see were the noodles I had for supper about 45 mins - 1 hour prior to throwing up.

They looked not chewed at all. Oops.

Okay - since the docs at the ER said that there was lots of poop in me (saw from the CT scan) and that was just a few hours after the colonoscopy...and all I had was a few bites of a sandwich...Could that perhaps mean I have an obstruction?

Also *before* the colonoscopy my symptoms had switched to constipation - and all that was coming out were tiny pebbles of poop. (this lasted a few weeks before the procedure)

After the colonoscopy I think the prep was still "working" and I *did* go liquid green colored poop a tiny bit...but now there has been no poop since and as I said not able to pass gas.

My brother actually is in the hospital right at this moment (still) from a bowel obstruction. They had to pump his stomach and give him prednisone.

This is like the worst pain I have *ever* experienced.

I'm kinda wishing the ER docs knew what caused this instead of just saying "it's normal for Crohn's." I don't think this is normal.

Calling the GI first thing tomorrow morning.
04-25-2014, 03:26 AM   #37
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
That's what I was curious about, but an obstruction causes very a distinct sort of vomit in most cases. It looks like coffee grounds because it's half digested and been pushed all the way back from your intestines. It could still be an obstruction, just higher up in the small intestine and therefore utterly beyond a colonoscopy and less coffee ground looking.

Honestly, you really should consider going to the ER because it sounds like the pain is truly horrible and they might be able to give you an emergency pill cam.
04-25-2014, 03:28 AM   #38
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
That's what I was curious about, but an obstruction causes very a distinct sort of vomit in most cases. It looks like coffee grounds because it's half digested and been pushed all the way back from your intestines. It could still be an obstruction, just higher up in the small intestine and therefore utterly beyond a colonoscopy and less coffee ground looking.

Honestly, you really should consider going to the ER because it sounds like the pain is truly horrible and they might be able to give you an emergency pill cam.
Ah, okay.

I actually did just come back from the ER, they couldn't figure it out.
04-25-2014, 03:33 AM   #39
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry, I'm really forgetful sometimes.

Then yes, call your GI in the morning. It sounds like something is seriously wrong farther up in your small intestine, either in the duodenum (the part just after your stomach) or the jejunum. (the coiled mass that looks like a pile of sausages in those diagrams of the human intestinal system)
04-25-2014, 03:35 AM   #40
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Alright, I definitely will call.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Gonna attempt to sleep now...sitting up.
04-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #41
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
The GI doc looked at my CT scan and said there was stool up in there and said they might have me go to the ER and have him treat me there.

Back at a 9 in pain.
04-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #42
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Good news-
They are prescribing me more Miralax and want me to take this other pill before meals to see if I have a BM.

They also prescribed Vicodin for pain.

If I don't have one [BM] by tomorrow evening, and am still in this much pain, then to go back to the ER and get treatment.

Edit - They also prescribed Zofran to help me not throw up.

Last edited by BellaVita; 04-25-2014 at 05:14 PM.
04-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #43
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Oh god a rectovaginal fistula? And it has a stool stuck in it?

I cannot imagine the pain you must be in.

I'm going to ask TheOcean to stop by this thread and talk about her fistula again so you know what to expect.
04-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #44
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Oh god a rectovaginal fistula? And it has a stool stuck in it?

I cannot imagine the pain you must be in.
Oh, no the fistula wasn't confirmed. GI said I need an OBGYN for that. *sigh*

But he said there is indeed stool stuck up inside of me. (not sure where, he didn't say)

Said that's probably causing the pain.
04-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #45
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Wow, constipation that bad can require surgical intervention. They may have to cut you open and pull it out by hand.
04-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #46
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Wow, constipation that bad can require surgical intervention. They may have to cut you open and pull it out by hand.
That sounds absolutely horrible.

Weird thing is I had the prep and this was just a few hours after the colonoscopy, and funny thing is I accidentally took *twice* the amount of prep that I was supposed to...

No idea how there's stuff stuck up in there.

I sure hope I "go" by tomorrow evening. Or else...ya know.
04-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #47
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I wouldn't blame prep for doing it, if you have small bowel involvement painful constipation is common. I can go three days without a BM sometimes, a lot of other people here and their children have serious constipation instead of diarrhea.
04-26-2014, 03:22 AM   #48
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Okay so I've developed this random rash from the end of my rib cage down to my belly button.

Nice.

It seems my body has just been acting so weird lately.
04-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #49
Stevi (:

My Support Groups:
Hope you feel better today bella
04-27-2014, 05:36 AM   #50
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Hope you feel better today bella
Thanks.

I still haven't "gone" and am in lots of pain. The pain seems to be moving, lower. I wonder if that's a good or bad thing.

Also new pain in the lower front. (my belly)
04-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #51
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Weren't you supposed to go to the hospital if you still hadn't gone?
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #52
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Weren't you supposed to go to the hospital if you still hadn't gone?
I did, they ended up giving me a suppository, and an enema....

The enema hurt so bad! :O

And brought Magnesium Citrate and more Miralax home.

I am finally a bit "freer" if you get what I mean.
04-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #53
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I'm glad to hear the magnesium citrate helped! It helped me out but made me feel like I needed to pass all the time. Hope you continue to do better.
04-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #54
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
I'm glad to hear the magnesium citrate helped! It helped me out but made me feel like I needed to pass all the time. Hope you continue to do better.
Thanks!
04-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #55
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Okay - so been up late in pain tonight.

Finally gave in and took a painkiller. (knowing it could potentially cause constipation) But my pain was at an 8, and I am so tired of pain.

I'm wondering why my GI doctor hasn't started me on medication yet.

It's not like he's in question about whether it's Crohn's, he was directing the doctors/nurses at the ER what to do and even said that it was Crohn's causing my issues and they gave me papers that had Crohn's stuff on it.

I know he said he wants to have me swallow a camera pill, my guess is he's waiting until that happens to put me on meds. (is that normal??)

My whole right side is so swollen and I just hurt all in my lower abdomen and lower back.

I want my life back!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New Here - May Have Crohn's