• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira update

Hello to all and hope all is well,
My daughter started the Humira two months ago and is doing fantastic!
For those of you who are afraid to try it I just thought I would let you know.
No other med was helping my daughter and we tried everything except the Remicade. It is very painful but I keep telling my daughter it is working and now she is off the prednisone maybe she will grow(she is very tiny).
Hope this helps!!!

theOcean

Glad to hear that Humira is helping your daughter! I know that it's done wonders for me, too. :)

Have you tried any methods to help numb the injection site beforehand? I know I've seen people on this forum give recommendations for it before, for people who are afraid of the pain.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the fab update Julia! :dusty::dusty::dusty:

I am so happy for you and your lass that all is going well, YAY!

:mademyday:

Dusty. xxx

Maya142

Staff member
So glad it's working!
In terms of making the shot less painful, we iced both before and after the shot.

my little penguin

Staff member
:dusty::dusty::dusty::dusty:
on the drug working.

WE add lidocaine to umbra to lessen the pain of the shot- big difference.:hug:

I think MLP meant that they are prescribed lidocaine to add to the humira to lessen the pain of the shot, right my little penguin.

my little penguin

Staff member
Sorry autocorrect on my phone.
DS's Rheumo prescribed lidocaine to be added to the humira syringe for DS to reduce the pain.
It doesn't take it away but it does make it bare able per DS.
It is common practice for jra kids to use humira that has lidocaine in it.
I draw up lidocaine in one syringe then add it to the humira syringe then inject per the docs instructions.