Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Is mycoplasma at the root of Crohn's disease?

04-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
D Bergy

Is mycoplasma at the root of Crohn's disease?

I have read this before, but did not really take it too seriously.
Until I discovered it was part of my disease. Reducing it also resulted in decreased symptoms. Not slightly better, but a lot better.
A chance discussion with a retired CIA epidemiologist also further pointed me in this direction.

Something to ponder.

http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html

Dan
04-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
DustyKat
Super Moderator

How did you reduce it Dan?
04-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
D Bergy

The first time with Zithromax. It's a long story but I was extremely ill and through using an alternative treatment for Mycoplasma, and the resulting fever after, I reasoned it was at least part of the reason I was so deathly ill.

Not having time to experiment as I was disabled, in pain like I have never experienced, I asked my physicians assistant for Zithromax.

I explained why I thought it was a problem, but of course he can't take my own experimentation as a reason to prescribe, he listened to my lungs and thought differently.

I took the Zithromax, recovered to the point I could return to work for a month. A huge improvement. Other infections from fistulas took over and a second round of Zithromax did not help.

After a temporary ileostomy and later reattachment, I was still flared to a degree. Diahrea and other symptoms such as sensitive gums, fatigue.
Imuran was not helping. Finally exhaustion reminded me of previous bouts with mycoplasma.

Broke out my alternative treatment and spent that night running to the bathroom and dumping my guts. Not normal for me. I rarely get up to go to the bathroom at night.

Repeated treatment several times for Mycoplasma, and MAP for good measure.

No fatigue, gums returned to healthy, no Diahrea, doing well presently.

The story is longer and more complex, but I can't fit eight years of personal research into a post.

Let's just say I have results that indicate I can reduce Mycoplasma and MAP. It is not even that difficult, but you need some specialized equipment.

I also need some adventurous people to confirm my results. Those with Pyroderma would be perfect for this.

One persons results are interesting. Two or more is a breakthrough.

I don't know which is true for certain.

Dan
04-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
One persons results are interesting. Two or more is a breakthrough.
Let's get one thing straight here: two people experiencing positive effects on experimental therapy is not a "breakthrough", it's a reason to conduct small pilot studies and give them a few years of criticism before moving on to more studies. Not grounds for claiming you've changed the face of Crohn's Disease treatment where a century of doctors have failed and forwarding the Nobel committee your address.
04-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
D Bergy

You are correct. I should have said "could be". There is actually one other person that has had similar results, but just treating MAP.

I claimed my results were interesting until more people had similar results. I am not interested in studies that take decades. I don't have decades and neither do many other people. I trust educated intelligent people can discern their own health status with the help of their physician.

I don't have all the answers. The disease is not straight forward and there certainly is a lot to learn. Coming from a culture that does not do well sitting on their hands, waiting for someone else to find solutions to my problem, led me to going this route. Plus the failure of conventional treatment, other than surgery.

I think you would be perfect for this if you are symptomatic. You are skeptical to a degree even beyond me. I doubt you could be misled by a placebo effect.

You do lack one thing though. Belief in your own ability. I am just an ordinary grandfather. I am not college educated, but I am an excellent problem solver because I was raised that way. I also don't believe that their are many problems without a logical cause and a corresponding solution.

In any case, I can only learn so much as one person. I need others to duplicate or not, my results. The risk is minimal, other than it may not work. No one has to change medications
Or any other treatment they may be on.

I would prefer skeptical older people who are not easily impressed or influenced. People that have long standing Crohns that is not responding to treatment.

If no one wants to try it, that is OK. I have no other motive here other than learning what makes this disease tick. Once I am symptom free, I can not learn anything else. I need more information. I don't know of a better way to get it.

Best regards.

Dan
04-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Wow, this is so VERY interesting. I have been looking into mycoplasma as being a cause of the interstitial Cystitis I have for years now. I even was tested but it would not show up( now that I read this, I can see why). It is almost impossible for the normal lab to detect this from what I read.

I also have Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia as well. And also Gut issues too. Sadly I would almost rather have my issues be caused by an act of nature. If this is all caused by some man made or derived bacteria/virus, then that is going to make it very hard to treat..

What is the treatment for this, and more importantly, how do you even get a doctor to look into this?

I have read this before, but did not really take it too seriously.
Until I discovered it was part of my disease. Reducing it also resulted in decreased symptoms. Not slightly better, but a lot better.
A chance discussion with a retired CIA epidemiologist also further pointed me in this direction.

Something to ponder.

http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html

Dan
04-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
D Bergy

My gastro simply said "we don't test for that".

I did not argue with him because I find most doctors are taught one way to do things and they generally do not buck the system. They are not into personal research for various reasons beyond their control.

They are good at what they do, but they are limited in what they are allowed to do.

I am at work now, but will get back to this later tonight. Going to be on a business trip next few days.

Best regards.

Dan
04-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
D Bergy

I don't know if any conventional treatment can completely get rid of Mycoplasma, or if it would even be practical to try. You can reduce it with antibiotics, but for me, Mycoplasma Pneumonia always comes back. I cannot determine if I have any other strain. Testing would have to be done.

From the article, mycoplasma is everywhere. How do you keep from acquiring it over and over again? Same for the MAP bacteria. Even if you could get rid of it with years of antibiotics, what stops a person from getting it back.

These are all the obstacles I have considered concerning Crohn's and also Lyme Disease as my wife has that.

The solution to all of these problems is what I have been working on. I had a head start as I had to treat my wife's disease and coinfections, without the help of a physician.

After treating her using various methods available to the average person, I ended up using primarily one.

It is commonly known as Rife frequency treatments. It is considered a quack treatment to most of people and doctors, but not to those that actually use it to kill pathogens. There is finally some controlled trials occurring on a small scale using the method. That is good news as it can be such an effective treatment for certain conditions.

The beauty of the method is it is very specific. You run certain frequencies in a specific manner and it can damage, or destroy a specific pathogen. While this is a very safe treatment, all of the really good testing was done in the early 1900's. Since that time, many people have contributed to the method but it certainly is not as rigorously tested as it should be.

The advantage is you can treat as often as needed, within reason. If you do manage to completely remove a pathogen from your body, and you get it again, you just treat it again.
If you can only reduce it, then you treat on occasion to keep it down.

Once you have the equipment, and it has to be good equipment, it is pretty much free to use.

Here is a link for Anthony Holland's work using the same method. This site does not work on an I-Phone.

www.novobiotronics.com

Here is Anthony's lecture on the subject at Skidmore college.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1w0_kazbb_U

He explains it far better than I can.
Just keep in mind that anyone can use this method, and the resonant frequencies to kill many pathogens are already known.

Is this foolproof or a cure for Crohns? No way. I have found pathogens that are easy to kill based on symptom resolution, and ones like Borrelia Burdoferri which causes Lyme that are impossible to eliminate 100%. I can only reduce it. It always comes back eventually.

I think many people working at a solution is far faster than one. I have good reason to believe this method holds a lot of promise as a Crohn's treatment. We already know the suspect pathogens, we just need a way of eliminating them. This is the only practical way I have seen, but it needs to have some basic nuts and bolts testing by people with the disease. If it shows promise, then some serious research can be done, and in the meantime we learn more about the disease.

Does this sound logical to anyone else?

Dan
04-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Hey Dan,

Thanks for all the info and for sending those links. I just watched the one with the professor and it was very compelling. My dad was with me and we both watched it. It makes A lot of sense.

As I mentioned, I have other health issues as well as the gut issues. One being a disease called Interstitial Cystitis( IC). It is funny because the ONLY thing that helps keep it at bay is being on low dose antibiotics. It seems a lot like lyme disease. You cannot really kill it, just keep it at bay. I would LOVE to be able to try something to kill the organism responsible for this. I read up a little on the RIFE machine a few years ago. How does one obtain a machine? I remember reading that they are super expensive though, Like in the thousands. This is very interesting to me and I truly believe that they are on to something. Of course Western medicine is Not going to jump on this, in fact I am sure they will try and demean it. I mean think about it, if this helped get rid of diseases and symptoms well Big Pharma and the Medical community would not be able to rob us blind.

How did you obtain your Rife machine, where did you get it?
04-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #10
D Bergy

I bought my original machine used from a private party. Craig's list and E-Bay have used ones quite often. I bought one called a GB-4000. It is one of the better ones and easy to use.

If you have someone good at electronics you can build one cheaper.

There is a lot of overlap between Lyme and Fibro treatment. If you get a machine I certainly can point you in the right direction.

One the road so got to go now.

Dan

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Is mycoplasma at the root of Crohn's disease?