Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » An Unvaccinated Child Taking 20mg Pred, AZA and Remicade

04-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #31
34 Hour Reset

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry, I just enjoy talking about the immune system so much I lose track of myself! It's so FASCINATING.
What an odd-to-me, but entirely beneficial thing to find fascinating, considering you or a loved one are all IBDiseased out in some way. My goal will to be to someday understand at least 75% of your undumbed down comments on the topic, lol.

04-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #32
34 Hour Reset

My Support Groups:
You're looking for a CBC or FBC, which is a complete count of all blood cells.
Hm. Well, I don't see anything like that. I looked back at all his labs at that hospital, too. Got some other acronyms?

He does have his CBC checked at our local hospital, and they fax those results to the big hospital we use for my son's Crohns, and I can't see those lab results. I hope to fix that soon.

But it really seems like something he would have been tested for a few times while he was at the big, far far away hospital all those times. They certainly took many vials of blood... one must have been that lab.
04-22-2014, 11:46 PM   #33
DustyKat
Super Moderator

I am just jumping in on a tag here so haven't read the whole thread, I'm at work.

Re: Lymphocyte count. The way Imuran suppresses the Immune system is by reducing the population of lymphocytes produced in the bone marrow. Whilst some people maintain low but normal levels of lymphocytes others do not. My son has a consistent lymphocyte count of 0.6 or 0.7. It generally alternates between these two from blood draw to blood draw.

Dusty. xxx

Last edited by DustyKat; 04-23-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » An Unvaccinated Child Taking 20mg Pred, AZA and Remicade