• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Infliximab for another year!

I saw my GI today and I'm very happy that I am allowed infliximab for another year.

I had asked about this before on here, and it seems that in the UK, NICE guidelines suggest you use it to get into remission, so the situation is assessed after a year.

I was worried considering I am a year into treatment and doing really well that they wouldn't let me continue. My GI seems like a really nice guy. I know he just wants the best for his patients, he said its not really his decision. But he is letting me have it for another year on the basis that I get a few symptoms a week before the infusion.

So I'm really grateful for the result today. Although slightly worried it wont continue this time next year.

Meanwhile enjoying a healthy and happy remission! Hope this is a positive post to give others hope. I know I will always be faced with ups and downs with this illness. But right now I am very much enjoying an up! :)

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Congrats on your remission! :dusty: :dusty: :dusty: I love hearing people are feeling better!

Very glad they let you keep on the meds for another year, I hope that things keep getting better for you! :hug: