Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Infliximab for another year!

04-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
xX_LittleMissValentine_Xx

My Support Groups:
Infliximab for another year!

I saw my GI today and I'm very happy that I am allowed infliximab for another year.

I had asked about this before on here, and it seems that in the UK, NICE guidelines suggest you use it to get into remission, so the situation is assessed after a year.

I was worried considering I am a year into treatment and doing really well that they wouldn't let me continue. My GI seems like a really nice guy. I know he just wants the best for his patients, he said its not really his decision. But he is letting me have it for another year on the basis that I get a few symptoms a week before the infusion.

So I'm really grateful for the result today. Although slightly worried it wont continue this time next year.

Meanwhile enjoying a healthy and happy remission! Hope this is a positive post to give others hope. I know I will always be faced with ups and downs with this illness. But right now I am very much enjoying an up!
Infliximab

Past:
Pentasa
Prednisolone
Azathioprine

My blog: http://hollysbloggyness.blogspot.com/
04-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Congrats on your remission! I love hearing people are feeling better!

Very glad they let you keep on the meds for another year, I hope that things keep getting better for you!
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Infliximab for another year!