• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and heart problems

I have crohns 25 years and have recently had 2 hospital admissions with palpitations and severe chest pain, on imuran 25 years and this is the first time i have had such an experience, cardiologist carried out all tests which proved negative except for one what they called diamond blood test which was showing a count of 1000 which they said was very high but a pulmonary clot was ruled out and they said possibly inflamation, ? anybody with similar experience ? thanks. JD.

JD, sorry you are having a difficult time glad you went to the DR. I just wanted to send my support:hug: hopefully someone will come along that can share their advice.

My son is seventeen, he started having a high heart rate several weeks ago. He has had all the blood work and EKG and heart monitor, all came back normal. His iron was a little low so he is supplementing that. He hasnt complained of it being high in about a week. We are supposed to be seeing a pediatric cardiologist soon.

I hope you find some answers soon.