Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Stoma and flare?

04-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
guest78
Forum Monitor

Stoma and flare?

Hi everyone
Hope you can help!
I had an ileostomy June 6th 2013, my Stoma is called Margaret. I was given Margaret due to severe peri-anal Crohn's. It was made temporary and I was given a 2 in 10 chance of having a reversal.
I have been symptom free pretty much ever since with talks of having Margaret reversed in a years time. I have had my humira reduced due to doing so well.
However, in the past few weeks I have had slight stomach pain & back ache, I also passed mucous/blood from my tail end. I was changing my bag tonight & found white pus like mucous coming from the end still attached to my unused intestine-down to the tail end.
I'm terrified this is a flare. And if it is, what could be the next steps.
I have had a very stressful time recently with an awful break up & finishing my degree so have been tired.
Any help or advice would be appreciated, I'm getting worried.
X
Humira - weekly
Aza 125mg

New Ileostomy, 'Margaret' born June 6th 2013

Calcium, Vit D, Magnesium, Pro-Biotics

Previous:
Pentasa, Infliximab, Pred
04-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
Just to be sure that I understand things properly, the mucous is coming from the "down part" of your ostomy. Am I right in assuming you have a loop ostomy? Or is it only anally speaking that you are loosing that mucous?

Currently taking: Omega-3, D-3, med-free for the time being.
~~Oh! n sorry if what I write seems strange at times, English is not my main language!~~

You'd like to chat and feel facebook would ease this point,
send me a private message and i'll do so =)
04-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
I would encourage you to google up "diversion colitis" in the mean time and see if you believe this could be what is happening to you. No matter if it is CD related or "mechanical-biologically" related, I would bring it up to your GI to be screened properly in case it is a flare.
04-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
guest78
Forum Monitor

Yes the pus/mucous is coming from the down part and yes I have a loop. I've had mucous pass from tail end before but that's normal.
04-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
guest78
Forum Monitor

That does sound a lot like it. I'm unsure if it's a flare as I generally feel well!
04-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
Always better to have everything check out so you can take action rapidly if needed but it's always reassuring to know that it could be something else than crohn. I hope for you it is more of a diversion colitis manifestation.
04-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
guest78
Forum Monitor

I hope so too :/ have got in touch with consultant so hopefully she will get back to me ASAP

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Stoma and flare?