Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Another Upper GI & Colonoscopy on Tuesday

04-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Ali29

My Support Groups:
Another Upper GI & Colonoscopy on Tuesday

I just don't understand why with all these meds I'm on, I'm still living with D several days a week, nausea & pain everyday. Apparently, I have one of those cases that don't meet all the text book requirements and there may be more than just the UC & Crohn's going on. GI says I'm not currently in a flare but that he knows the inflammation markers are not always accurate.

So with that said, he added Prednisone today to my meds and going back in on Tuesday to see if anything has changed since last Upper GI/Colonoscopy 9/13. I'm praying he can finally find something. Crohn's is in my small intestine/duodenum, with bile acid malabsorption and I don't digest fats.

Will have to wait for results to see if we graduate to the big meds. I know there are people with far worse Crohn's - I just hate how much of life we lose due to the disease - it's not going to beat me!!!!

My FLMA ends on the 30th and GI says I'm not in any condition to return to work. I'm going to do my best to be positive.
Diagnosises - Mast Cell Activation Disorder, IBD Small Intestine-duodenum-villi blunted, Bile Acid/Fat Malabsorption, Chronic nausea-vomiting/pain, esophageal dismotility, mucosal edema, acid hypersecretion, Lymphocytic Colitis, Ocular Migraines, gallbladder removed

Current Meds: H1 H2 Anti Histamines, PPI, Enteragam, Lomotil, Phenergan, Percoset

Meds that did not work: Pentasa, Lialda, Zenpep, Entocort EC, Carafate, Elavil, Lotronex, Desipramine, Questran/Welchol severe bloating/pain.
04-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Hopefully you will soon find some answers. Wish I had some advice for you. Just want to send some hugs and support your way. Please keep us updated.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
04-25-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Blood tests and even fecal calprotein can lie because Crohn's is a sneaky little demon. You may well be having a flare with those symptoms and your illness is just being evasive, hopefully there are blatant sites of inflammation for them to biopsy though. Good luck!
04-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Ali29

My Support Groups:
Thank you so much for your support!!
05-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
SupportiveMom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hear ya on the D... My kid is on too many meds and she has diarrhea all the time. We are baffling doctors determined she must have 'Crohn's & something else' because she is is in the bathroom 10-15x a day and we are on the big meds. I hope the colonoscopy will point you in the right direction. Sending you positive thoughts!

Ileostomy surgery July 2015

Current Meds: None!
Previous Meds: Humira, Remicade, Methotrexate, Cipro, Flagyl, Zofran, Cortifoam, 5-ASA suppository, Questran, Mezavant, EEN (Peptamen Jr. 1.5) by NG tube, Antibiotic Cocktail (Vancomycin, Metronidazole & Doxycycline), Simponi, Prevacid, Imuran, prednisone
ibdsupportivmom.wordpress.com ☆
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
Ali29

My Support Groups:
GI took lots of biopsies, I am hopeful!!
05-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Clash
Forum Monitor

I hope you get some answers with the biospsies and can get things under control!
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Another Upper GI & Colonoscopy on Tuesday