• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello there

hello there

Hi everyone, i'm brand new to the group here. don't know how i found this forum but glad that i did! i'm 26 years old & work in an ER as an admitting clerk. i really love the job & all i get to see, although the pukers aren't my cup of tea. yuck.
i found out i had crohns in april 2006. tried asacol & imuran & was allergic to both.

so i'm not on any meds for it because i pretty much have my triggers figured out & keep an eye out for the new ones that might pop up, so i'm lucky as far as that one goes. i'm trying to get back to physical activity again, because for the last couple years i haven't wanted to over do it & set off an attack, but i really want to lose weight for a wedding & have a nice dress for it. so i've been walking on the treadmill for about 2 miles a day & watching what i eat. hopefully it'll work!

other than that i like hanging out with my family, my boyfriend, & going to a bunch of concerts this year!! so excited! i love anything troipcal. such an island girl considering i live in blizzard land. we have a contest a work where we have to have teams of 5 & walk the equivelent of niagara falls to nashville in 13 wks. so this should be fun!
just wanted to say i'm so glad i found this place & can't wait to get looking around. thank you sooo much
Rosanna:grr1d: :grr1d:

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
well welcome to the forum! im glad you have everything so under control!!thats really great! but maybe if you need to try meds again pentasa could be an option, i think, its what i take and my cd isnt very severe. and good for you doing all that exercising im WAY to lazy for that! lol, not really i just dont do much of it. well hope you like it here and its helpful to you!!

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. So far my dr is ok with me not needing meds for it. i'm so highly allergic to everything that sometimes they take the "do nothing" approach. If i do get crampy then i take gas-x tablets & after a few hours it slowly fades.