Share Facebook

05-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #31
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Oh hey they changed the brand of my spironolactone. Now it tastes even mintier.
05-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #32
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Is it a pill or liquid? My klonopin tastes good but most of my meds are Yuck.
05-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #33
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Pills, 100mg white scored tabs. Spiro has a weird thing about always kind of...minty but this kind tastes even fresher then the last.
05-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #34
jwfoise

Oh hey they changed the brand of my spironolactone. Now it tastes even mintier.
Gee, maybe that could be part of a new marketing campaign: it's an androgen receptor antagonist and it freshens your breath!
05-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #35
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Angus status: acquired a month of his food today, and the treats that I often have to mix therein to get him to eat anything, the annoying little fucker. Nothing really to report on the HRT front, my dark moods are vastly darker then they were before but I honest to god like that. The emotions contained therein seem far more real and they're easier to act on and as a result and the pain helps improve my writing. Maybe one day I'll be published authahahahahah

Pictures: My cat eats better then you. Not your cat, YOU He's also cute beyond reason.

Please excuse the blurriness, I blame my brief course of antipsychotics and B12/iron deficiencies.

EDIT: gonna clean and try and take some more.

Last edited by Orchid; 05-05-2014 at 09:08 PM.
05-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #36
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Well, it's a nice beautiful day buttt I need to stay inside because I have therapy tomorrow and on Saturday, the big transmeeting. Having to sit on your hands just to make sure you feel alright the next day is draining, to say the least. Especially on a beautiful Oregon midspring morning. I wanna go buy fancy polish and hang out with friends.

In brighter news: I'm very excited about May as a month of awesome video games. Endless Legend just went into open alpha and it's already the best fantasy 4X I've seen this year, easily beating even Age of Wonders 3. A big game from my childhood is also coming to Steam! I played so much Age of Mythology when I was an annoying twerpy teenager. The Internationale 4 qualifiers start this month so that's two months of nerds slugging it out for the chance to play for several million dollars in Seattle! But mostly importantly, TRANSISTOR IS COMING OUT! The next game from Supergiant studios, the guys who made Bastion.

I am going to be SO NERDY this month.

Last edited by Orchid; 05-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.
05-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #37
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I can relate, I always have to plan ahead and save my energy because otherwise I can't attend things I want to. It's the smallest things even but I know I need to psyche myself up to have the energy and motivation.

The Trans meeting sounds great, is that a meetup group or just a group at your local lgbt community center? I find support groups so helpful and have made great friends who just get it whether it be crohns, ostomy, lgbt stuff over the years.
05-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #38
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
It's a trans only group (we explicitly exclude allies because even though they're nice, sometimes you just need to get rid of the icky cissexual, hetrosexual, normative borings and have a safe space) that meets at a local house and is mostly just do what you please and very focused on breaking into smaller groups. I have a lot of friends there and I've been helping people pursue HRT and trying to get into contact with the two members with CD (they rarely show up due to tiredness).
06-10-2014, 05:44 AM   #39
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Big month! I've been busy with relationships and volunteering. Got back together with a previous partner. The new perspective and the much intense, but also controllable emotions have made our relationship so much more productive and happy for both of us. She even thinks I'm more attractive since I've started presenting as a lady. I guess being a tall skinny redhead with long legs helps there. I don't think we'll repeat the mistakes that ended our relationship before. So we get to make new even worse mistakes in a few years, WE'RE SO EXCITED!

Started volunteering with the local animal shelter where I adopted the cat formerly known as Angus - I call him Lithium these days because he's small, energetic, and helps with my mood swings. Though I'm pretty sure I can't put him in my camera, sadly. It's cathartic to be able to dedicate my life to animals again and be out in the community flirting with other pretty girls.

Best news: I'm in remission. My GI started a course of Budesonide that finally put the beast to bed, I'm going to do it for another month to make sure it's well and truly asleep and blood testing to poke it in the face with a stick a little bit to make sure it's not faking. It's amazing to eat things like really rich pizza, greasy burgers, and cheap chinese again and discard those awful dietary restrictions that made eating so unfun. Still can't eat as much as I used to though. The whole "able to be on my feet for more than ten minutes" thing is kind of a nice fringe bonus I...guess?

EDIT: Goddamnit Lithy stop getting in my way while I make scrambled egg sandwiches. YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE SCRAMBLED EGGS.

Last edited by Orchid; 06-10-2014 at 06:45 AM.
06-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #40
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
It's petition season here in the great state of Oregon and it's driving me up a wall. Any enjoyable walk in town with R (my partner) is interrupted with five different people all pushing the same petitions: legalize weed, let independents run on the state ballot, label GMO food (icky sticky crazy organic types), and privatize liquor sales in the state. I've memorized all the pitches and I'm pretty sure R has too. I'm going to try and change my name and sex this month, really eager to do that. I'm thinking of taking up knitting or crocheting again so my hands have something to. I've always been a very fidgety woman.
06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #41
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I know they had enough signatures for gay marriage but than it was passed by a court. I wonder if that's going to still move forward. If you have your legal gender changed and your partner is female would you be permitted to marry as a same-sex couple?
06-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #42
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Because of the court decision since May 19th marriage equality is a reality in Oregon. The state even waived the three day waiting period between requesting a marriage license and performing a ceremony for gay couples for the rest of the month. Also slow down there kid she's not walking me down the altar yet! I might love her but I'm only in my mid 20s! I'd like to wait till 30 before I get married so I don't end up a statistic on how unstable modern marriages are. I also have really mixed ideas about marrying a woman with Cystic Fibrosis because the median of age survival in the US is 37.4 years. I mean Lumacaftor and Ivacaftor exist and would drastically extend her life but they make biologics look cheap, they're approximately 1,400 dollars a day. That's a half a million dollars a year.

But I do love her so that makes for quite an awful choice.

Last edited by Orchid; 06-16-2014 at 03:43 PM.
06-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #43
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I've forgotten what it's like to not have some kind of cough at this point. We're pingponging upper respiratory infections between one another pretty hard right now. Who knew having a partner whose lungs are a bacteria breeding ground has consequences for someone on immunosuppressants?
06-17-2014, 07:02 AM   #44
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Holy shit I hate tobramycin. Third day in a row where I wake up feeling like I'm going to vomit my brains out. "Narrow therapeutic index" in-fucking-deed. Bright side: I don't have the gene that lets it destroy your hearing!
06-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #45
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Sports bras really chafe, goddamn. Given the breast size of other women in my family I probably shouldn't be buying fitted bras yet because they're going to end up outgrowing them within a month or two. Woke up early today and ate eggs with R and watched MST3k :3 She's going to be moving into my apartment this weekend so there's going to be quite the shuffle. Last night we got some awesome pizza from a local place, covered in garlic and bell pepers with crust soft as a cloud. I find it adorable how R insists the proper way to eat any pizza is with a knife and fork. Silly girl!
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #46
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
R and I are mostly moved in together, yay!
06-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #47
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I get to volunteer today! R and I are going out for waffles from an awesome local place beforehand as breakfast. She's willing to pay for Lupron injections for me so I don't have to take Spiro anymore! That makes me so happy. She's got a bunch of classes and there are kitties to love and ladies to flirt with for me. I figured out where she's hiding the rings and they're gorgeous bands of welded titanium, I can't wait to wear it.

Last edited by Orchid; 06-24-2014 at 09:14 AM.
06-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #48
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I continue to make poor life choices this week. In addition to getting engaged Tuesday morning I got a tongue stud today. R and I were eating a yummy Prosciutto, Pepper, and Pepperoni pizza and I admitted that I've wanted a tongue stud for a few years and she got that look in her eyes and that cute little smile.

"So why haven't you?"

I feel like it's time to stop being meek in my life. I've been a scared, small woman for a long time who stuck to what felt familiar. I need to step out and take what I want and make some mistakes along the way. R is really great for helping me that way.

Last edited by Orchid; 06-25-2014 at 10:41 PM.
06-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #49
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Congrats on your engagement. When are you planning to marry?
06-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #50
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
We haven't discussed those details yet. Because I've started the name change process I couldn't take her last name for another year, and I'd like to have it. So I'm guessing we'll wait at least a year. Also it feels like someone shoved a goddamn stapler in my mouth. I've been popping antihistamines so it's not swelling much but it still REALLY hurts.

And now I want to get a goddamn nose stud.

Clearly, I don't learn my lesson.
06-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #51
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I wish my breasts would stop aching constantly. Between this and the respiratory infection it feels like someone is storing a few pounds of bricks in my ribcage. I guess I know what my fiancee's life is like everyday at least.
06-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #52
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
My respiratory infection is finally starting to let off and the tobramycin side effects are getting to me much less then they did at the start of my treatment. Going in for kidney function tests later this week. Tongue stud is hurting a lot less but I still can't handle solid food, very little swelling and I'm going to say that's the antihistamines and Cimzia. We're going to have a little party this weekend to celebrate moving in together again and our engagment, half a dozen of our close friends and hopefully my stud will let up enough for me to enjoy the pizza R is ordering from our favorite local place.
06-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #53
Kero

My Support Groups:
Sounds like things are going very well for you! Congrats on your engagement

I have my tongue pierced too. I found it very annoying to have to constantly rinse out my mouth, but it's worth it. Hubby sure likes it
06-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #54
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Had a bit of a setback last night, I pushed myself too hard thinking I was over my PTSD and had a huge panic attack. We were picking up some to-go ramen from our favorite local ramen shop, I was going to drink the yummy broth and she was going to eat the noodles, pork, corn, and bamboo. Except the place was insanely loud, pushy, and full. All the things I struggle to handle, even with R I broke down within five minutes because I ignored all the signs. I feel so bad for R when my panic attacks do happen because I'm mortally afraid of everyone, her included, so she has to watch me curl up and sob for an hour and can't do anything.

Luckily I'm feeling completely over it this morning. Still a little tired, we'll get ramen today instead. And yes Kero, we're both very excited to take this tongue stud for a...test drive when I'm done healing. Sadly only lips kisses until then.
06-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #55
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Thankfully, my tongue was recovered enough for me to nibble on some pizza during our party! There is nothing like pizza with a throwback Dr Pepper and rye whiskey (or bourbon, or vodka) My tongue hurts little enough that I'm not dipping into the last of my tapentadol from breaking my arm last year to deal with it anymore.
07-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #56
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Nothing like breakfast in bed.

I can eat consistently again if I take really small bites and chew gently. The pain is almost entirely gone, it's simply tender and sensitive now. Argued with the endo about when I can get my Lupron injection. I wish they'd let me do it myself.
07-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #57
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
The earrings and the tongue stud have opened a big world to me, I've wanted tattoos and piercings for a long time and feel like the moment has come for me to start exploring that part of myself. In five years I could see myself looking like I had a threesome with a stapler and a printer if I like how things start. There are two major contenders for my first tattoo, a stylized representation Tlazolteotl - a goddess of adulterers, filth, and purification. It speaks to my dualistic nature, the romantic and the cynic both inside me. The other option was Ophiuchus, the Serpent, and the 13th sign of the Zodiac. I'm quite fond of reptiles, snakes especially, they're beautiful intelligent animals that approach locomotion in a hypnotic way.
07-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #58
jwfoise

Sounds like things are going very well for you! Congrats on your engagement
Haven't been on the forum in a while, but belated congrats.
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #59
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
R got into a study for Lumacaftor, the drug that treats the genetic error that causes her CF, Δ0508. It's the most common form of CF. We spent all night celebrating! It means she has a chance to live a longer, healthier life, and may never need a lung transplant. I was so happy I ended up crying in her arms, it's like my prayers have been answered.
07-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #60
Patch

Wow, awesome. Hope she helps the study prove how effective the drug is.