Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Out of flare and in remission... Because of a colonoscopy?

04-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
mrjohns2

My Support Groups:
Out of flare and in remission... Because of a colonoscopy?

Has anyone gone into bowel prep in a flare and into remission following a colonoscoscpy? I feel like that happened to me. For 6 months ending on Super Bowel, eh, Bowl Sunday and my colonoscoscpy on Super Bowel Monday, I was in flare. From then on I am in remission. Has anyone used prep to get out of a flare? Did this resrt the microbiom in my gut?
Current Treatment: Humira
Other Meds: Vitamin D 6000 iu, 325 mg Iron, B12 Pill, Fish Oil, Multivitamin
Past Treatments: Enbrel, Humira, Stelera, Prednisone (short run)
04-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Zeppy321

My Support Groups:
Well I don't know the last colonoscopy I had landed me a week hospital stay - I was septic ! Anyways glad to here you are now in remission .
04-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Anything is possible. I mean think about it, when drink that prep stuff, it clears away tons of bacteria. Maybe it is possible that it cleared away some bad guys and that is why you are feeling better. In any event, it is good news that you are feeling better!!
04-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
7vNH

For me it was just the opposite. I was trudging along not great, but fairly well until the prep. I haven't been doing nearly as well after this latest colonoscopy and for the first time had to try something besides a 5-ASA.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Out of flare and in remission... Because of a colonoscopy?