Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Fistulas/setons and motorcycles?

04-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Fistulas/setons and motorcycles?

Hi! Kind of a wierd topic but does anyone have any experience with having a seton and riding a motorcycle? I wasn't sure if the vibrations from the bike or the bumps would hurt my seton or something? I'm just the passenger, but when I got on the other day I was so uncomfortable because I couldn't sit normally because of my setons. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you use on the seat?
04-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I couldn't even ride a bike and wouldn't dare try because of the seton. I was too afraid of aggravating my fistula to really come up with a solution. Even hard chairs worried me.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
04-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Yah me too
04-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
theOcean

My Support Groups:
All I can really suggest is adding a lot of cushioning if you possibly can. Otherwise I think it may just be best not to try and ride a motorcycle, unfortunately.
04-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Yah that's our plan. My husband and I are going to try to find a comfortable seat that maybe we can put on top of the regular seat. But who knows if that will help. We shall see!
04-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #6
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Report back if you find something that does!
04-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
will do!
09-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
Ferret

I ride myself and I find that if I pack it with jus a lil extra gauze and find a somewhat comfy position I can ride for bout 15 minutes before I wanna call it quits. if you can find a seat wth a lumbar support, or get a sissy bar, that way you can sit more on your hip bones then the bottom of your backside. it aint a long time, but at least I get my fix
09-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #9
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
thanks! i just can't ride. I'm 3 months post surgery and thought id be okay to ride, but when i did i was in pain for a week after. maybe next summer
09-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
staloffn

My Support Groups:
my experience is a little different but think it translates. I train horses for a living and when fred(my fistula) was bad i would wear a pair of bike shorts, the stretchy kind with the padding. wasn`t a pain free experience but certainly did help cushion the area alot.
09-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #11
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Yah I agree, padding helps! I was actually sitting on a pillow which I'm sure looked ridiculous!! But it still didn't help I think bc we were on there for like 3 hours. I'm sure a rediculous pic of me sitting on a pillow on the back of a motorcycle is floating around on Facebook somewhere lol

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Fistulas/setons and motorcycles?