• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long after starting Remicade did you stop your old meds?

Just wondering how long your GI kept you on your old meds after starting Remicade.

I have been on Asacol HD since 2012 when I was diagnosed. Had some trial and error with other drugs between Nov 2013 and Jan 2014. I started Remicade February 2014 and doing very well on it so far, I've had 3 infusions to date and am on my first 8 week interval between infusions. 4th will be late May. My doc said she wanted me to get through the 4th or 5th infusion to make sure it is working well before stopping the Asacol.

My GI plans to keep me on Mezavant (Lialda) indefinitely, but get off Imuran after a year or so on Remi (Assuming it works). Pred taper is hopeful for after dose 2 or 3.