Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Thank you all for being there- here is a little about me!

05-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Olive.

My Support Groups:
Thank you all for being there- here is a little about me!

Hello!
I have been posting for a while, since I was diagnosed basically and had so many questions, and realized I have never posted in Your Story.

I am not one for too many details but I will say I visited this site often when I was flared last summer through winter. Especially when i was on prednisone and going insane. It was good to know others were feeling the crazy.

While I am still on a lot of meds and clinically, will not know how I am doing until my next set of tests in August, on a day-to-day basis, I feel relatively ok! In fact, I have decided to run the Detroit Women's Half Marathon in September! I am a long long way away from being ready, as I have lost a lot of weight and strength in the past year. I am excited to feel like I am moving forward though. I have felt like my body has regressed for so long.

Just wanted to say thanks for being there! In many ways, I have learned more from this site than the doctors.

Currently on budesonide and immuran
NEVER taking prednisone again
Interested in holistic therapies

I blog about immune diseases here! :http://mytreeandleaf.wordpress.com/

Last edited by afidz; 05-01-2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: took out link to blog.
05-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #2
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
It's so great that you are feeling well! I hope that your tests in August go well!
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
05-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Jessi

My Support Groups:
Thanks for sharing Your Story, Olive.

I am so excited for you to run! I'm a runner, too, and I understand what you mean about not being ready. Life sure has changed for us since getting sick, right? I love that you are not letting your disease define who you are.

Way to go and good luck on the half-marathon!

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Thank you all for being there- here is a little about me!