• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thank you all for being there- here is a little about me!

Hello!
I have been posting for a while, since I was diagnosed basically and had so many questions, and realized I have never posted in Your Story.

I am not one for too many details but I will say I visited this site often when I was flared last summer through winter. Especially when i was on prednisone and going insane. It was good to know others were feeling the crazy.

While I am still on a lot of meds and clinically, will not know how I am doing until my next set of tests in August, on a day-to-day basis, I feel relatively ok! In fact, I have decided to run the Detroit Women's Half Marathon in September! I am a long long way away from being ready, as I have lost a lot of weight and strength in the past year. I am excited to feel like I am moving forward though. I have felt like my body has regressed for so long.

Just wanted to say thanks for being there! In many ways, I have learned more from this site than the doctors. :ghug:

Last edited by a moderator:

afidz

Super Moderator
It's so great that you are feeling well! I hope that your tests in August go well!

Jessi

Thanks for sharing Your Story, Olive. :)

I am so excited for you to run! I'm a runner, too, and I understand what you mean about not being ready. Life sure has changed for us since getting sick, right? I love that you are not letting your disease define who you are.

Way to go and good luck on the half-marathon! :hug: