• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

This is how the tale begins

this is how the tale begins

Well basically from last year i have been having loose bowel habits and trembling hands. After demanding for doctors to send me for blood test i found i had an overactive thyroid. (loose bowel motions are a symptom of this) so i never would have guessed i also had crohns hence the name lol.

during this period i also had a bit of blood on the toilet paper and thought nothing of it but then one day the blood got bigger so i went back to GP who though hemmoroids.

Eventually after some time i have had colonoscopy and they found

mild ilietis, colitis and proctitis hence they think i have crohns.

morerover i have the appointment next week to get 'officially' diagnosed even though they said it basically is crohns.

wonder if you could give me some ideas and the best things to ask at the appointment...like things you wish u had the first time.

thanx for your help.........hope you are all well.

nwhg

farm

Captain Insaneo
Well I wish I had a forum like this back when I was diagnosed. If I were you I would take the time to read through this forum and write down any questions you can think of and take them with you so you will remember to ask the doc.

Good luck!

I can't really give you advice on what to ask as I will be having my first official appointment after being diagnosed with colitis, still trying to figure out if I have crohn's also. But I wanted to welcome you anyhow! I am gaining info around here like farm said to base my questions from. Good luck and let us know how it all goes for you! Take care.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
hi never and welcome.

i agree with farm...read read read. you'll find good stuff here. go in informed about medications that are out there so you can ask good questions. i knew little when i was first diagnosed but this forum is filled with useful info.

ask about how your doc intends to treat it. also find out how experienced he/she is in treating crohns. some GI's specialize in other gastro diseases. make sure you have an IBD expert.