Share Facebook

05-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
nabbott

Hi, everyone I hope all out there are having a pain free day I was dx with Crohn's about 5 years ago and since then I've had 2 surgeries one with an ilestomy which will be a year in July. I have managed to miss alot of important events in my life due to this disease and I'm hoping the ilestomy will allow me to enjoy more with my family, the worst was not being there for the birth of my 1st grandchild I was in the hospital. My daughter was dx with Crohn's 2 years ago so my hope in joining today I will be able to communicate with others who understand.
05-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #2
highlandsrock

My Support Groups:
Hi, welcome to the forum. You've certainly found the right place where there are others who have been through what you and your daughter have suffered and give can you support and advice when you need it. It's a great place for asking questions as you can go into all the gory details, if you need to, and nobody will bat an eyelid. (Not something I'd recommend in everyday situations)

Not taking Crohn's meds at present. In the past - pred, pentasa, aza, entocort, infliximab - with varying degrees of success

Currently on :
Loperamide to keep the BAM at bay
Propanolol/Omeprazole for PVT
B12 injections

Twitter - @crohnoid
05-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
Jessi

My Support Groups:
Hello nabbott, and welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry. Not only do you have to live with this horrible disease, but also that you must watch your daughter suffer as well. That is truly heartbreaking. Also, it must have been very difficult to miss the birth of a grandbaby.

Take time to look around the forum and how to navigate to your favorite threads and clubs. I hope you'll feel right at home here.

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.
05-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear what you've been going through, and now your daughter as well. How are the two of you doing now?

Sarah.
Diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12/6/08.
Have taken: Prednisone, 6mp, methotrexate, Pentasa.
Currently waiting for a new medication!

Check out the Crohn's forum chat!

05-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
KyleB

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum!