Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Enteral Nutrition & TPN » Liquid food with sweetners

05-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #1
Spooky1
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Liquid food with sweetners

Hi all,
Does anyone else have acne from sweetners, not to mention the headaches. they have even started putting sweetners in Questran and other meds. I am sick of acne and my body has had enough of sweetners.

Does anyone actually have a liquid food without any sweetners please?

Thanks in anticipation.
05-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
SupportiveMom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hear you with the complaint on the sweetener! The brands do it for taste palette, but even the one we used for the NG tube labeled as unflavored has sugar. We are now using a prescription acne creme to combat against the acne from Questran & Prednisone.

I look to see if I find any EN without sugar - maybe one for diabetics? Just a thought.

Ileostomy surgery July 2015

Current Meds: None!
Previous Meds: Humira, Remicade, Methotrexate, Cipro, Flagyl, Zofran, Cortifoam, 5-ASA suppository, Questran, Mezavant, EEN (Peptamen Jr. 1.5) by NG tube, Antibiotic Cocktail (Vancomycin, Metronidazole & Doxycycline), Simponi, Prevacid, Imuran, prednisone
ibdsupportivmom.wordpress.com ☆
05-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
SupportiveMom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Did you take a look at Nutren for Diabetes? http://www.nestle.co.za/brands/suppl...nutrendiabetes At least it has a low glycemic index feed.

Hopefully someone else will chime in for other suggestions.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Enteral Nutrition & TPN » Liquid food with sweetners