Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Small intro

05-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
KyleB

My Support Groups:
Small intro

Just a small intro. I've been a lurker for a few weeks.
I have not been diagnosed with anything. I have some 'symptoms', tired, inflammation, etc, but I also have a very poor doctor lol. Probably only doctor in my city you can get in within a couple days. I don't think it is Crohn's, but who knows. But I just like to educate myself on all things health related nonetheless.

I've been in the health industry since I was 16. I've studied and read up on most health conditions and diseases. Being in the health industry I like to keep up to date on everything, and make sure I'm well educated. Not only that, but I enjoy learning new things. Fitness, nutrition and supplements are my strong points, so I'll be in there a bit as well. I'm an outside the box thinker which I think helps in the health world. Sure we have things that 'work', but there are new things we find out by thinking differently.

Started taking my protein powder again, as well as fish oil and my multivitamin. I always get it from bodybuilding.com.

Went out and bought a Brondell bidet. I've read it many people crohns like it, but I bought it just because I've wanted one for a while. I enjoy it so far, and recommend one to everyone.

I've learned a lot so far, and hope to continue to learn.

Last edited by KyleB; 07-25-2014 at 01:38 PM.
05-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
Hello KyleB

Could you elaborate a bit more on your symptoms? You say you have inflammation, do you mean intestinal? What makes you think that you don't have crohns disease? Its a very sneaky condition that catches people by suprise a lot, so if you have inflammation then its best to rule it out properly.

Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, sulfasalazine, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
05-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Welcome Kyle, what do you mean by inflammation? Is that showing up in your bloods. If you feel your doctor isn't great it's better to find someone you have less access to but who might be able to help you figure out what's wrong.
05-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
KyleB

My Support Groups:
Inflammation in the rectar area, as well as bleeding and fatigue. But none of my symptoms seem severe, like others, which is why I dont' think it's crohns.
05-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
theOcean

My Support Groups:
They don't have to be severe to be Crohn's, though! Some people are even asymptomatic.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
05-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
This could still be crohns.. Symptoms can range from a minor inconvenience to emergency.. If you have inflammation, you could have crohns.. So please get a decent doctor on your side and get some proper testing done. Crohns is a tricky illness that loves catching us by suprise.
05-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
KyleB

My Support Groups:
Thank you for the advice. I will get it looked into properly.
05-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
To echo what theocean and valley said crohns can manifest itself in ways from mild to wild. Rectal bleeding is not normal and should be cause for concern. Many things can cause rectal bleeding including IBD but it's important to have a doctor take a look and assess.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Small intro