• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Questions Not Many Answers

About a year ago, after a year of chronic diarrhea, I had my first colonoscopy. The diagnosis was lymphocytic colitis. I've been on uceris for about a year. It works well, but, I'd like to learn more about LC. So far I've researched that it APPEARS to be an autoimmune disease. Steriods daily keep the diarrhea at bay. There appears to be a link to sulfa drugs, but nobody really knows. I had been taking celebrex, and on agreement with my Primary Care Doc, stopped taking it. I'm going to be going to an allergist soon. To see if I can find out if I'm allergic to sulfa type drugs. Sigh. ???

Entocort works for me. Actually, I am taking Uceris, which only needs to be taken once a day as opposed to Entocort which I had to take 3 times a day. I keep researching and pushing my doctor for answers. It seems LC, as far as I know presently, isn't that common so maybe there isn't the motivation to dig into it to find out what is really going on. But I am going to see an allergist to see if I am allergic to sulfonamides that are contained in several meds I'm taking. Ah well. what else do I have to do with my time but visit doctors. Ick.

I joke that going to doctor appointments is my hobby. "What do you do for fun?" "Oh, I go to doctors. Yeah, it's a barrel of laughs..."

Jessi

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Understanding your disease is very important, as I have come to realize. This is a great place to start. Essiluv posted some great links above. I hope you get the chance to look through them. They were posted originally by our co-founder David, who was diagnosed with the same colitis that you have, so they should be a great help to you.

When is your appointment with the allergist? Let us know how you're doing. :hug: