• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

NEED ADVICE (inc. Stoma photo)

Hi
I know I'm probably being paranoid but any thoughts on what this may be.
Started out red, now off white. It's the only one and there is no feeling/pain etc.

(I'm hoping the image attached)

Thanks!!

Attachments

Oh do you think? It's just that tiny white-ish dot by the opening. I am desperate for a reversal and become very paranoid about anything different on my Stoma.

nogutsnoglory

I see it now but I wouldnt be concerned. My stoma gets whitish sometimes or darker it can change pigment based on a number of factors like what food may be staining it and how tight the barrier is.

If the white spot is still there next time you change it there could be a chance it's fungal but I don't think so.

nogutsnoglory

Sure thing, but if it doesn't go away or you are concerned don't hesitate to ask a stoma nurse. That's what they are there for :)

I've had a few white spots that hung around for about 4 days each time. Never ulcerated and just went away on its own. I've never been suspected of having Crohn's and there has been no explanation of why it has happened. I don't see what you see on your picture. Try not to fret. I'm inclined to think everything is fine with yours!