Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Would be great to hear some similar storys, maybe a bit of advice! Thanks!

05-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Ricky

Would be great to hear some similar storys, maybe a bit of advice! Thanks!

Hi, I'm Ricky. I was diagnosed with crohn's disease at the age of 8. Since then I have been on special liquid diets which worked well for me, Steroids which gave me painful side affects. Infliximab, That worked wonders for me. I was pain free for 3 years, But when I stopped Infliximab my symptoms came back in a matter of months.

I'm now 18 years old and have been taking Humira for a month. So far it has reduced my symptoms a significant amount, But I still have been getting pain, not as much as before but I guess It will take time for my intestine to heal again.

Also I'm a bit worried about the possibility of having a fistula. I went for a ultrasound and my doctor said my a bit of my lower intestine may of stuck itself together, and that can cause a fistula. And when i press my stomach in one particular place it really hurts. Maybe I'm over thinking things too much!.

Well that's me
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Welcome to our forum. I'm glad Humira is starting to help you. It can take up to 3 months for it to be at its full effectiveness so hopefully you get better in the coming weeks. If you do have a fistula, hopefully Humira will help to heal that.
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
theOcean

My Support Groups:
It may also help you to go on antibiotics as well. I have a peri-anal fistula and it was being treated with Cipro/Flagyl and Humira.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
05-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
Ricky

I have an appointment with my doctor next week, so I can discuss things with him then

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Would be great to hear some similar storys, maybe a bit of advice! Thanks!