Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Trying to learn as much as possible

05-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
cre

My Support Groups:
Trying to learn as much as possible

I am very excited to have found this Crohn's Forum!!! My son (2 1/2 at the time) was very sick for 3 months, seeing multiple doctors, on and off antibiotics, diagnosed with HSP, Staph, Strep and other various illnesses. After losing much weight and us beginning to lose hope he was admitted into the hospital and diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. We had hoped his diagnosis would have been something more simple than Crohn's, however we are very thankful we now know and can try to learn as much as possible about the disease. He is now 5 weeks out of the hospital, tapering steroids, down to every 8 weeks of Remicade infusions and doing extremely better.
05-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Ali29

My Support Groups:
Welcome cre,

This Forum has changed my life, I feel like I now know what questions to ask, learned a lot of information. It gives me hope, seeing others improve and go into remission!!

Good luck for your family and son!!
Diagnosises - Mast Cell Activation Disorder, IBD Small Intestine-duodenum-villi blunted, Bile Acid/Fat Malabsorption, Chronic nausea-vomiting/pain, esophageal dismotility, mucosal edema, acid hypersecretion, Lymphocytic Colitis, Ocular Migraines, gallbladder removed

Current Meds: H1 H2 Anti Histamines, PPI, Enteragam, Lomotil, Phenergan, Percoset

Meds that did not work: Pentasa, Lialda, Zenpep, Entocort EC, Carafate, Elavil, Lotronex, Desipramine, Questran/Welchol severe bloating/pain.
05-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi cre. Welcome. Knowledge is power!

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Trying to learn as much as possible